The Program of Simultaneity of the Degree in Tourism and the Degree in Business Sciences Allows the students to study at the same time the Degree in Tourism and Degree in Business Sciences. By surpassing this program, they will obtain two official titles of Graduated in Tourism and Graduated in Business Sciences. It provides students with a solid training in business management as well as a deep knowledge of the tourism industry.
The program has a duration of 10 semesters, in 5 academic years. The number of credits required to pass the program is 354 ECTS. The first semester of each course is taught at the Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of A Coruña at the Campus of Elviña, and the second at the University School of Tourism - CENP, attached to the University of A Coruña, located in the Center of the city, 200 meters from Riazor Beach.
Why study the degree
This simultaneity program has been created to provide students with quality training in the areas of business management, together with a deep and comprehensive knowledge, both theoretical and practical, of the tourism sector, which plays a fundamental role in generating employment, Welfare and wealth in Galicia, Spain and the rest of the world.
Students completing this program will have a training not only in business management oriented to the resolution of operational, tactical and strategic problems, but also multidisciplinary and transversal knowledge. They will acquire theoretical knowledge and practical competences that cover different areas of studies, including economic, legal and social and business training, as well as languages, communication and new technologies, tourism intermediation, accommodation, heritage and management of tourist resources and destinations. The business environment in general and the tourism sector in particular is increasingly multicultural, and students will have the opportunity to gain an international vision of an innovative and ever-changing industry, thanks not only to theoretical training but also to mobility International and its extensive program of internships in companies and private and public tourist institutions in Spain and outside Spain.
The students will benefit from the opportunity to study in two centers: the Faculty of Economics and Business, with a faculty with proven qualification and a clear orientation to the students, and the University School of Tourism - CENP. CENP, with more than 50 years of experience in higher education, was the first center to teach Tourism in Spain and is a member of the World Tourism Organization (WTO).
What is learned
Graduates of this program will learn to apply the concepts and techniques of the various functional areas of the company and will be able to make decisions and assume management tasks, acquiring a great analytical capacity for problem solving.
In addition to being trained to handle managerial responsibilities in economic and business contexts characterized by their complexity and dynamism, they will have a deep insight into the fundamentals and dimensions of tourism.
A fundamental part of these studies is the combination of theoretical and practical training, combining 'know' with 'know-how' - the key to any professional.
Students should understand that the tourism industry is based on a vocation of service and the ability of its professionals to develop in multicultural environments, demonstrating communication and interaction skills. They must demonstrate ease of language learning, an open and communicative nature, ease of relationship, organizational skills, memory and interest in culture, as well as entrepreneurial and entrepreneurial spirit and initiative.
Structure of the Study
- Introduction to Law
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Business Economics: Organizational Function
- Mathematics I
- History of the company
- Economy of the Company: Financial Function
- Geography of Tourism
- Communication and Tourism Promotion Techniques
- Modern Language: English
- Cultural heritage
- Management and Knowledge Management
- Introduction to Tourism
- Commercial law
- Statistics I
- Mathematics II
- Analysis of Financial Operations
- Informatics Applied to the Company
- Sociology of Tourism
- Tourism Intermediation and Transport I
- Accommodation and Restaurant I
- First Modern Language I: English
- Tourist Marketing
- Second Modern Language I: French
- Second Modern Language I: German
- World and Spanish Economy
- Fiscal Regime of the Company I
- Financial Accounting I
- Business Organization
- Statistics II
- Databases for the Company
- Tourist Territorial Resources
- Tourism Intermediation and Transport II
- Accommodation and Catering II
- ICT Applied to Tourism
- First Modern Language II: English
- Second Modern Language II: French
- Second Modern Language II: German
- Financial Accounting II
- Financial Management I
- Fiscal Regime of the Company II
- Cost accounting
- Introduction to Econometrics
- Labor law and social security
- Heritage Tourism Management
- Commercialization of Tourist Products
- Public Tourism Management
- Quality management
- Second Modern Language III: French
- Second Modern Language III: German
- Financial Management II
- Fiscal Regime of the Company III
- Spanish Financial System
- Corporate Accounting
- Financial statement analysis
- Final Project
- Final Project
Professional and academic outputs
Graduates and graduates in Tourism and Business Sciences will be well positioned to access the National and international labor market, Being able to opt for a wide range of professional exits in the world of the company in general and the public administrations, besides the specialized fields of the tourist industry, one of the sectors that More jobs generated in Spain.
They can hold positions of responsibility in multiple corporate areas, including accounting, marketing-marketing, sales, finance, logistics, human resources, organization, strategic management and information systems. As far as the tourism industry is concerned, they will have access to employment opportunities in many sectors, such as the hotel industry, the organization of congresses and events, tourism operators and travel agencies, transport companies, marketing, promotion and communication companies, management Tourist destinations and products, tourist information, as well as official local, regional, national and international tourism organizations.
In addition, graduates and graduates will be able to continue their studies and research through master's and doctoral programs.
Students with interest and concern for the world of the management of the organizations, specifically of the companies, focused towards the tourist industry in particular, with orientation to the decision making and with great capacity of relation of concepts, techniques and situations.
Likewise, they must demonstrate ease of language learning, an open and communicative nature, ease of relationship, organizational skills, memory and interest in culture, as well as entrepreneurial and entrepreneurial spirit and initiative.
Common access requirements
In order to request a place, one of the following access requirements established in art. 2 of RD 1892/2008:
- To be in possession of the title of Bachillerato, or equivalent, and to pass the Test of Access to the University (PAU)
- Comply with the requirements for access to the university in the educational systems of member states of the European Union or other states with which Spain has signed international agreements in this area.
- Have passed the University Access Test for over 25 years, or have it passed, in the University System of Galicia, according to previous regulations.
- Have passed the university entrance test for those over 45 years.
- Possess a title of superior technician of professional formation, teachings of plastic arts and design or superior technical technician, or equivalent titles.
- Possess an official university degree, a degree from correspondents to the previous order of university education (graduate, graduate, engineer, etc.) or equivalent degrees.
- To be able to access the university according to educational orders prior to that established by Royal Decree 1892/2008, of November 14, not contemplated in the previous sections.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More