The Degree in Engineering of Public Works gives access to the regulated profession of Technical Engineer of Public Works.
Why study the degree
The academic and professional reasons to study this title are that it allows access to the regulated profession of Public Engineering Technical Engineering. In addition, this degree provides a specific training in the field of technical performance of Civil Engineering and construction.
This title also allows access to the Master in Engineering of Roads, Channels and Ports.
Structure of the Study
- Introduction to economics and business
- Representation in civil engineering
- Physics Expansion
- Materials technology
- Hydraulics and hydrology
- Expansion of calculation
- Environmental engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Introduction to Numerical Methods
- Material resistance
- Transport infrastructures
- Structural Analysis
- Field Engineering I
- Structural Concrete and Construction
- Metropolitan Mobility and Transportation Terminals
- Legislation and Projects
- Computer and Programming
- Structural Integrity and Fracture
- Internship Internship
- Quality in Construction
- Real Estate Management
- Coastal Works
- Fluvial Hydraulics
- Urban Environment
- Sustainable Urban Engineering
- Urban Transportation Management
- Traffic Engineering and Road Safety
- Cartography and Geographic Information Systems
- Development Cooperation in Civil Engineering
- Laboratory of Concrete Structures
- Aesthetics of Structural Design
- Field Engineering II
- Transitional and Coastal Waters
- Quality of Waters
- Environmental management
- Hydrology Applied to Public Works
- Water treatment
- Maritime and Port Works
- Public Works and Territory
- Roads and Airports
- Metallic structures
- Roads and Railways
- Geotechnical Works
- Structural Analysis II
- Hydroelectric Dams and Exploitation
- Hydraulic Works II
- Surface and Underground Hydrology
- Introduction to Urbanism
- Building and Prefabrication
- Territorial Analysis
- Supply and Sanitation
- Final Project
- Resource Regulation
- Urban Systems
Professional and academic outputs
Students who complete the Degree in Public Works Engineering can develop professionally in:
- The public function (in areas related to public works)
- Consulting and engineering companies
- Construction companies
The free exercise of the profession of Technical Engineer of Public Works in areas such as:
- Study and inspection of public works
- Management, execution and construction of public works
- Maintenance, conservation and exploitation of public works
- among others.
It is necessary that the students who intend to enter the Degree in Technology of Civil Engineering have a scientific-technical profile, with knowledge of physics, mathematics, technical drawing and chemistry at the baccalaureate level, as well as predisposition for experimental sciences.
Common access requirements
In order to request a place, one of the following access requirements established in art. 2 of RD 1892/2008:
- To be in possession of the title of Bachillerato, or equivalent, and to pass the Test of Access to the University (PAU)
- Comply with the requirements for access to the university in the educational systems of member states of the European Union or other states with which Spain has signed international agreements in this area.
- Have passed the University Access Test for over 25 years, or have it passed, in the University System of Galicia, according to previous regulations.
- Have passed the university entrance test for those over 45 years.
- Possess a title of superior technician of professional formation, teachings of plastic arts and design or superior technical technician, or equivalent titles.
- Possess an official university degree, a degree from correspondents to the previous order of university education (graduate, graduate, engineer, etc.) or equivalent degrees.
- To be able to access the university according to educational orders prior to that established by Royal Decree 1892/2008, of November 14, not contemplated in the previous sections.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More