The Faculty of Sports Sciences and Physical Education of the UDC was a pioneer in introducing the Curriculum Specific Routes in the curriculum of the degree in Physical Education (next to the INEFC of Barcelona, 1992).
Another of the most significant and innovative initiatives was the preparation of the first Curriculum of the Bachelor of Science in Physical Activity and Sport, being the first in Spain to transform the previous degree (homologated university) into the new one (in the Catalog of qualifications).
The first promotion in Spain of this degree came from the UDC in 1996. IS one of the first Faculties of the UDC that was incorporated in the Experimental Plan of Quality Assessment, as well as to elaborate its own Strategic Plan (2003).
What is learned
Graduates in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences from the UDC will be trained to have domains and competences of itineraries and specific procedures of flexible professional intervention, in the fields of:
- A) The teaching of Physical Education
- B) Physical Activity for Health, and healthy leisure
- C) Initiation and performance sports
- D) The management and management of Physical Activity and Sport.
Structure of the Study
- Pedagogy of Physical Activity and Sport
- Bases of Physical Education and Sports
- Sports Games and Recreation
- Gymnastic Skills and their Didactics
- Football and its Didactics
- Anatomy and Kinesiology of Human Movement
- Theory and History of Physical Activity and Sport
- Athletic Skills and their Didactics
- Water Skills and their Didactics
- Volleyball and its Didactics
- Motor Learning and Control
- Physiology of Exercise I
- Biomechanics of Human Movement
- Handball and its Didactics
- Skills of Struggle and its Didactics
- Psychology of Physical Activity and Sport
- Sociology of Physical Activity and Sport
- Theory and Practice of Exercise
- Basketball and its Didactics
- Skills of Sliding and its Didactics
- Research Methodology in Physical Activity and Sport
- Physiology of Exercise II
- Sports Structure and Organization
- Adapted Physical Activity and Sport
- Creation and management of sports companies
- Initiation in Sports I (Athletics, or Gymnastics, or other)
- Process of Teaching / Learning of Physical Activity and Sport
- Healthy Physical Activity and Quality of Life I
- Sports Performance Methodology
- Body Expression and Dance
- Initiation in Sports II (Swimming, or Golf or other)
- Initiation in Sports III (Judo, or Football, or other)
- Initiation in Sports IV (Rugby, or Handball, or other) (optional)
- Technology in Physical Activity and Sport
- Planning of the Teaching / Learning Process of Physical Activity and Sport
- Theory and practice of sports training
- Initiation in Sports V (Basketball, or Athletics II, or other) (optional)
- Initiation in Sports VI (Sailing, or other Emerging Sport Activities) (optional)
- Healthy Physical Activity and Quality of Life II
- Sports Management and Management
- Physical Activity in the Natural Environment
- Final Project
- Healthy Aquatic Activities and First Aid (optional)
- Advances in Strength and Endurance Training (optional)
Professional and academic outputs
The profession of physical education teacher has been understood by the Constitutional Court as a profession of public interest, based on the constitutional right to physical education and healthy leisure (CE Art. 43).
Citizens have the right to physical-sport practices, and the administration must guarantee the quality and safety of the participants. A factor of guarantee of quality and safety for the consumers of physical-sport practices is the university education of its responsible technicians.
The demand for the studies of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences in Spain is clearly consolidated. In the 30 universities that offer the degree of origin or the Degree (2011), a percentage of demand / offer ratio is registered above 200%, which guarantees an optimistic future of the degree, despite the considerable increase of university centers that They teach the Sciences of Physical Activity and Sport (8 centers in 1990).
Taking into account the evolution of social needs, and in compliance with the applicable regulations of the Xunta de Galicia and the Council of Gobernno of the UDC, a specific specific training is offered, which guarantees that a graduated as a "flexible professional" In its interventions in any of the sectors to which its degree will allow access. In this way, the Degree does not offer just the option, neither Specific Routes, mentions or "minor".
Professional environment in which it is located
The Graduate in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences by the UDC has the specific training sufficient for flexible professional practice in the various sectors such as:
- Teacher of EF,
- Sports coach,
- Promoter / animator or monitor of healthy and recreational physical activity
- Director and sports manager.
The professional sectors in which it is practiced with the title of Graduate and Graduate in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences, are in continuous evolution, there are even emerging professional fields.
The professional fields in which he develops his activity the Bachelor in Sciences of the Physical Activity and Sport are:
- Official official education
- Sports training
- Sports management and management
- Leisure and sports recreation
- Physical activity, health and quality of life
Professional and academic outputs
- 1º PROFESSOR OF TEACHER: In order to gain access to the regulated profession of secondary and high school teacher, in the public system of education, one must have the title of Official University Master of Teaching staff of secondary, baccalaureate, professional training and language teaching .
- 2nd PROFILE of PHYSICAL ACTIVITY FOR HEALTH: Future professionals graduated from the Degree studies, at the expense of specialized postgraduate training required, will have the knowledge of the physiological and structural adaptations of any type of population submitted To different stimuli of exercise, as well as the elaboration and control of the programs of specific and rigorous intervention that each situation requires in collaboration with multidisciplinary or interdisciplinary teams.
- 3º PROFILE OF TRAINER / A: The direct professional exercise, through the title of Degree, will continue having to be complemented with the sufficient specific preparation and, sometimes, by some structural resistance, with other titles of special regime or federative.
- 4th PROFILE OF DIRECTOR / A SPORTSMAN: The evolution of society is vertiginous. This evolution requires professionals who have the management and management competencies that are required by the new market demands, especially seeking a higher quality of services and a better efficiency and efficiency of the human, technical and economic resources used.
The people who can best follow the training are those who have a sufficient interest in sports and physical activities as practices at the service of the citizen, both for their harmonious and integral developmental evolution (physical education), and in their aspects of quality promotion Of social, individual and healthy life (sport, recreation, healthy physical activity). They will be people with great dedication to their training, who will be required to participate face-to-face in all activities so determined.
The professional practice of the graduates is done through the core profession of "physical education teacher", profession of "public interest" (judgment of the Constitutional Court), therefore there is a clear need for personal motivation for the public service through Of the exercise of the profession.
The capacity of effort in the conscious self-formation will define the use of the Degree, with respect to the acquisition of advanced knowledge in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences, with a critical understanding of theories and principles.
Common access requirements
In order to request a place, one of the following access requirements established in art. 2 of RD 1892/2008:
- To be in possession of the title of Bachillerato, or equivalent, and to pass the Test of Access to the University (PAU)
- Comply with the requirements for access to the university in the educational systems of member states of the European Union or other states with which Spain has signed international agreements in this area.
- Have passed the University Access Test for over 25 years, or have it passed, in the University System of Galicia, according to previous regulations.
- Have passed the university entrance test for those over 45 years.
- Possess a title of superior technician of professional formation, teachings of plastic arts and design or superior technical technician, or equivalent titles.
- Possess an official university degree, a degree from correspondents to the previous order of university education (graduate, graduate, engineer, etc.) or equivalent degrees.
- To be able to access the university according to educational orders prior to that established by Royal Decree 1892/2008, of November 14, not contemplated in the previous sections.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More