The objective pursued by the Mechanical Engineering course is the training of human resources in the various fields of this scientific area with the necessary skills, critical thinking and work ethic to meet the technological needs of enterprises and economic organizations, national and international.
Its curriculum is founded on a solid theoretical and practical basis of mathematics, physics, design and materials so as to achieve a technical and scientific training at tertiary level in the fields of mechanical engineering, energy, automation, management, industrial maintenance , simulation and manufacturing products.
The course has a set of labs that enable students, in addition to a better understanding of knowledge, acquire skills of a practical nature, and to highlight the existence of a workshop laboratory where final year projects are developed at the level of simulation and of execution.
Given the training provided by the profile degree in Mechanical Engineering, the graduates are able to perform functions in various activities sectors, such as:
- Projects and consulting evaluation;
- Energy efficiency and air conditioning;
- Maintenance management and quality control;
- Research, development and industrial innovation;
- Bodies of the central and local administration;
- Production equipment and consumer goods, particularly in the field of mechanical and thermal equipment;
- Production and distribution of energy.
About the School
À Escola Superior de Tecnologia e Gestão de Viseu (ESTGV) cumpre formar, a nível superior, técnicos devidamente qualificados em setores carecidos na sua área de influência e promover atividades de inv ... Read More