The studies of Degree in Marine Technologies Have a technological character and give access to the exercise, on board ships, of the professions of Officer and, together with the Master in Marine Engineering, Chief of Machinery of the Merchant Marine.
The curriculum is designed to enable the student to carry out activities of operation, maintenance and management of all the facilities that a ship has.
Why study the degree
The STUDY PLAN is designed according to the international regulation that regulates the training of marine professionals, Giving access to a labor market with high demand, With the possibility of exercising its activity anywhere in the world and in very broad sectors of the technological field. It is available HIGHLY QUALIFIED TEACHER, With majority professional experience in the field of Marine Engineering and other industrial sectors. This ensures a training in direct connection with the reality of the sector, which is reinforced with a Business Practices up to 4 months. The existence of TWO SPECIALTIES, Allows you to orient your vocation not only towards the Merchant Marine, but also to other activities of the industrial sector, where our alumni enjoy a high recognition.
It gives access to the Master necessary for the exercise of the profession of Chief of Machines.
What is learned
The subjects of the curriculum guarantee the learning of the competences of operation, maintenance, design, redesign and management of the installations of the ship.
Graduates acquire a broad scientific-technological training, which also allows them to apply the methodology and engineering technique in a wide range of activities in the energy sector, technical office, production of equipment, management and administration.
Structure of the Study
- Mathematics I
- Physics I
- Graphic expression
- Mathematics II
- Physics II
- Company and Law
- Shipbuilding and Ship Theory
- Mechanics and Resistance of Materials
- Mechanical Technology and Mechanisms
- Electrical Engineering, Electrical Machines and Ship Systems
- Thermodynamics and Thermotechnics
- Naval Hygiene and Labor Risks
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Fundamentals of Regulation and Control
- Fluid mechanics
- Maritime Safety and Pollution
- Mathematics III
- Internal combustion engines
- Steam and Gas Turbines
- Heat Transfer and Steam Generators
- Marine Installations and Propellers
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Techniques
- Marine Thermal Machines
- Ship Auxiliary Equipment
- Analog and Power Electronics
- Digital electronic
- Ship Electrical Machinery
- Electronics. Electronic Ship Systems
- Automation of Marine Installations
- Special Transportation and Dangerous Goods
- Marine Installations II
- Management and Maintenance Systems Ship
- Communication & Networking
- High Voltage and Electrical Distribution of the Ship
- Regulation and Control
- Instrumentation and Sensors
- Electrical Maintenance of the Ship
- Technical Office-Projects. Mention of Energy and Propulsion
- Energy Techniques Applied to the Ship
- Technical Office-Projects. ETO Mention
- Electronic Communications Systems and Navigation Assistance
- Electrical Propulsion of the Ship
- English Technical Maritime
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Mechanical drawing
- Fuels and lubricants
- Electrical Propulsion
- Energy management
- Electrohydraulic and Electropneumatic
- Dynamic Positioning Systems
- Electric systems
- Programming Fundamentals
- Electronic Data Acquisition Systems
- External Practices in Ship
- End of Grade Work. Energy and Propulsion
- Practices in Simulator
- End of Grade Work. Electrotechnical Officer (ETO)
Professional and academic outputs
- Officer of Machines of the Merchant Marine and, together with the Master in Marine Engineering, Head of Merchant Marine Machines
- Maritime Administration.
- Shipping companies.
- Inspection and classification societies of ships.
- Shipyards and energy and industrial facilities.
- Technical office in design and engineering.
- Teaching and access to the Master and Doctorate
The recommended access profile is:
- The one of the scientific-technological baccalaureate
- The one of the superior cycles of the branch of Engineering and Architecture, counting in the latter case with a recognition of 30 credits at least.
- It also contemplates the access of persons over 40 years of age who demonstrate professional or work experience related to the maritime environment and who do not have a degree or other qualification that qualifies them to enter university studies.
Common access requirements
In order to request a place, one of the following access requirements established in art. 2 of RD 1892/2008:
- To be in possession of the title of Bachillerato, or equivalent, and to pass the Test of Access to the University (PAU)
- Comply with the requirements for access to the university in the educational systems of member states of the European Union or other states with which Spain has signed international agreements in this area.
- Have passed the University Access Test for over 25 years, or have it passed, in the University System of Galicia, according to previous regulations.
- Have passed the university entrance test for those over 45 years.
- Possess a title of superior technician of professional formation, teachings of plastic arts and design or superior technical technician, or equivalent titles.
- Possess an official university degree, a degree from correspondents to the previous order of university education (graduate, graduate, engineer, etc.) or equivalent degrees.
- To be able to access the university according to educational orders prior to that established by Royal Decree 1892/2008, of November 14, not contemplated in the previous sections.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More