The title combines two levels of knowledge: one general, focused on the Sciences of Man, with an interdisciplinary approach and attention to the contemporary perspective, and another instrumental and applied that basic training for the professional activity.
Thus, the graduated in Humanities will reach a versatile formation that will allow him to adapt to a society in constant change, acquiring basic knowledge on the great artistic currents and of the thought of the Humanity, on the diachronic structure of the past and the behavior of the man in society.
Generic skills, aptitudes and skills will focus on the development of the capacity for analysis and synthesis, correlation, demonstration and argumentation, organization and planning and, of course, critical reasoning.
The instrumental and applied knowledge prepares for the insertion in the labor market, in professional fields linked to the convergence between the new technologies, culture, communication, teaching and research, as well as in the sectors dedicated to the organization and promotion of Manifestations of cultural character, the interpretation and dissemination of the heritage within the framework of current cultural and social policies.
Training in attitudes and values facilitates the transfer of knowledge to action and the acquisition of skills for work, contributing to the training of European citizens endowed with sufficient capacity for technological and social innovation.
Why study the degree
Humanities studies are those that offer skills for broad professional use: If in the introduction section the shorter explanations of the general competences of the Degree were explained, the degree also deserves interest because of their specific competences (such as knowledge of the productions Knowledge of space and territory, of different heritage assets and resources and of their legal regime, knowledge of classical languages and cultures, knowledge of modern languages and Modernity in all cultural and social spheres, evaluation of environmental and heritage impacts, etc.), which help the graduate to better organize mentally and to develop logical thinking, foster the capacity for reasoning, expression and social empathy ; And on the other hand, they turn the graduates into authentic professionals of the human sciences, directed to the teaching, to the social, cultural activities, with a high value for positions of human resources and specialists in helping the companies to settle an ethical deontology Professional for a world and a plural and democratic market.
What is learned
The Faculty of Humanities and Documentation in general, and the Humanities Degree in particular, offer a high quality training both in the purely academic aspect and in the most professional aspect. The twelve departments that teach in the Faculty of Humanities complete the training of the humanist, who will receive as a plus to the classical humanities an extensive knowledge of documentary and digital techniques and the contemporary humanities, providing an excellent basis for developing as a European citizen And giving them the capacity to develop their professional future in the areas of their competencies.
Structure of the Study
- Introduction to History
- Applied Informatics
- Socio-Cultural Anthropology
- Introduction to Ethics
- Information Management: Fundamentals and Theory
- System of Knowledge: Philosophy, Science and Technology
- Historiographic Techniques
- Bibliography and Information Sources
- Business Management and Cultural Institutions
- Galician Literature
- General Documentation
- Computer Literacy
- Prehistory and Ancient Eastern History
- Ancient History of Greece and Rome
- History of Classical Art
- Greek Philosophical Thought
- Ancient and Medieval Latin Literature
- Medieval history
- History of Medieval Art
- Modern and Contemporary Ethics
- Human geography
- Historical Sources Documentaries of the Middle Ages
- History of America and the European Expansion
- Modern History
- Sociology of Culture and Heritage
- Regional Geography
- History of Modern Art
- Social Anthropology and Current Problems
- Contemporary history
- Philosophy of Science and Technology
- History of Contemporary Spain
- Philosophical Hermeneutics
- Final Project
- Archeology and Numismatics
- Human Geography of Galicia
- History of Religions
- Classical Mythology
- Applied Social Anthropology
- Applied Ethics and Professional Deontology
- History of Galicia
- Regional Geography of Galicia
Professional and academic outputs
The curriculum of the Degree in Humanities fulfills the necessary credits so that the graduates can teach in Secondary School, with study centers being one of the most attractive outings for graduates. They also develop all their skills in other areas such as:
- The Cultural Dynamization of City Councils and Civic Entities;
- Realization of cultural projects and cultural management of companies;
- Management of historical and cultural heritage in all its areas;
- Cultural tourism work;
- Management of the ethical and deontological aspects of the companies;
- Evaluators of the environment and patrimonial.
In general, they are professionals who can meet all the needs of the cultural market, and increase the human value, critical and responsible, in the labor market of a plural and democratic society.
Those interested in the Degree of Humanities must meet the requirements of access to the University marked by the governing bodies of the University of Coruña and by the Department of Education and University Management of the Xunta de Galicia for high school students, seniors 25, 45, senior technicians of Vocational Training, university graduates (graduate, graduate, graduate, engineer or equivalent degrees) and foreign students.
Given the characteristics of the degree, any branch of the baccalaureate is valid to accede to the studies of the Degree of Humanities of the UDC. Nonetheless, it will be a competitive advantage for the student to have completed the baccalaureate by the branches of Humanities, preferably, and Social Sciences.
In addition to these requirements, the optimization of the results in the Humanities Degree is obtained if the student fits in the best way possible to the following profile:
- It is advisable that the student interested in attending the degree of Humanities has a sufficient knowledge of the Spanish language and the Galician language, as well as the mechanisms and procedures of oral and written expression in them, and the technological tools to access the Information and at least one foreign language.
- Likewise, it is essential that you express your curiosity for the knowledge of history, thought, culture and art in its different manifestations and taste for reading and writing.
- The cultural unrest is filled with a necessary concern for the world today.
- Finally, a Humanities student should be aware of his status as an agent of social progress and of his ethical obligations as a professional and as a citizen.
Common access requirements
In order to request a place, one of the following access requirements established in art. 2 of RD 1892/2008:
- To be in possession of the title of Bachillerato, or equivalent, and to pass the Test of Access to the University (PAU)
- Comply with the requirements for access to the university in the educational systems of member states of the European Union or other states with which Spain has signed international agreements in this area.
- Have passed the University Access Test for over 25 years, or have it passed, in the University System of Galicia, according to previous regulations.
- Have passed the university entrance test for those over 45 years.
- Possess a title of superior technician of professional formation, teachings of plastic arts and design or superior technical technician, or equivalent titles.
- Possess an official university degree, a degree from correspondents to the previous order of university education (graduate, graduate, engineer, etc.) or equivalent degrees.
- To be able to access the university according to educational orders prior to that established by Royal Decree 1892/2008, of November 14, not contemplated in the previous sections.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More