The Degree in Galician-Portuguese: Linguistic and Literary Studies Was approved in the BOE on 05.01.2010. Through the different subjects that integrate it and the 240 credits to be taken, it offers a solid training in language, literature and culture for the Galician-Portuguese area. It also provides a broad perspective of the linguistic and literary currents applied to Galician and Portuguese.
In addition, it facilitates students to acquire advanced knowledge of Spanish and English language and literature, as well as practical knowledge of other languages chosen by the students themselves (French, Italian).
Why study the degree
The degree offers an updated, rigorous and unique training in the framework of the Galician University System. Thus, focusing on the Galician-Portuguese linguistic domain, it is the only one that grants equal attention to both languages, at a time when Portuguese-speaking countries, especially Brazil, are acquiring great international relevance and projection.
In order to achieve all these objectives, it combines the necessary linguistic, literary and cultural knowledge with the management of the tools derived from the new technologies. Likewise, it offers the possibility of completing the training in prestigious foreign universities with which there are agreements (Évora, Minho, Lisbon etc.) and of knowing in this way other cultures and people in their own country.
Thus, the student, at the conclusion of the degree, is in optimal conditions to apply the experiences and knowledge acquired to the world of work or the continuation of higher education.
What is learned
The degree provides extensive training in studies on language, literature and culture in the Galician-Portuguese area. The different branches of philological knowledge (grammar, pragmatics, sociolinguistics, history of the language, planning of the language, literary movements, literary genres, authors and authors of Galician and Portuguese literature, etc.) applied to Galician and Portuguese are studied. In this way, the students are prepared to successfully develop the responsibilities of their working life. At the same time, it acquires a very good plurilingual competence (Galician and Portuguese, Spanish, English), which is a positive result in its professional competences.
Structure of the Study
- Spanish Language 1
- Galician Language 1
- English 1
- General Linguistics
- Introduction to literary studies
- Language and Classical Culture
- Information and Communication Technologies
- English Language 2
- English Literature 1
- Spanish literature
- Galician Literature
- Spanish Language 2
- Galician Language 2
- English Language 3
- Modern Language: French
- Modern Language: Italian
- English Literature 2
- Translation Techniques
- English Language 4
- English Literature in its Texts
- Languages of the World
- History of the Galician and Portuguese Language
- Galician Language and Oral Communication
- Portuguese Language 1
- Galician-Portuguese Medieval Literature
- Language and Culture of Portuguese Speaking Countries
- Editing and Commentary on Galician and Portuguese Texts
- History and Culture of Galicia
- Writing Techniques in English
- Modern Language 2: French
- Philosophy and Literature
- Modern Language 2: Italian
- Structures and Varieties of Latin
- Contemporary Galician Literature 1
- Galician Language and Society
- Portuguese Literature 1
- Normalization and Planning of the Galician Language
- Galician Literature and Sociocultural Studies
- Medieval Latin Culture
- The Romance Languages
- Modern Language 3: French
- Language, Speech and Communication
- Modern Language 3: Italian
- Linguistic and Literary Contacts in the Romance Tradition
- Latin Literature
- Portuguese Language 2
- Contemporary Galician Literature 2
- Portuguese Literature 2
- Galician Language: Standard and Uses
- Language and Variation in Galician-Portuguese Space
- Poetry in Galician and Portuguese Language
- Comparative Literature
- Languages and Technologies
- Literature and Visual Arts
- Language and Society
- Literature and Culture
- Literature of Portuguese Language
- Galician Grammar
- Final Project
- Narrative and Essay in Galician and Portuguese Language
- Theater in Galician and Portuguese Language
- Spanish and Hispanic American Literature Readings
- Romance Literatures
- Spanish as L2
- Modern Language 4: French
- Modern Language 4: Italian
Professional and academic outputs
Professional environment in which it is located
The students who finish their studies of degree will have a very high specialization in the Galician-Portuguese language and literary field. Therefore, it will connect with a professional universe also specialized in teaching public and private (academies, colleges, schools, colleges, universities, etc.), linguistic and sociocultural advice, translation, linguistic normalization and Cultural dynamization are outlined as the main labor itineraries.
Professional and academic outputs
Among the main academic and career output profiles are: teaching, research, translation and interpretation, linguistic, cultural and editorial advice and mediation, cultural and linguistic advice in the business world, linguistic normalization, literary criticism, Cultural management, linguistic and literary promotion, linguistic therapy, advertising, specialized bookstores, etc.
The students can also continue their higher education and access the various masters that are offered in the faculty.
The Degree in Galician and Portuguese: Linguistic and Literary Studies is designed for all those people with interest and special sensitivity to linguistic phenomena and their artistic manifestations in literature, especially in the situation of Galicia and Portuguese speaking countries. It is also appropriate for all students with literary and cultural interests not Galician-Portuguese.
Common access requirements
In order to request a place, one of the following access requirements established in art. 2 of RD 1892/2008:
- To be in possession of the title of Bachillerato, or equivalent, and to pass the Test of Access to the University (PAU)
- Comply with the requirements for access to the university in the educational systems of member states of the European Union or other states with which Spain has signed international agreements in this area.
- Have passed the University Access Test for over 25 years, or have it passed, in the University System of Galicia, according to previous regulations.
- Have passed the university entrance test for those over 45 years.
- Possess a title of superior technician of professional formation, teachings of plastic arts and design or superior technical technician, or equivalent titles.
- Possess an official university degree, a degree from correspondents to the previous order of university education (graduate, graduate, engineer, etc.) or equivalent degrees.
- To be able to access the university according to educational orders prior to that established by Royal Decree 1892/2008, of November 14, not contemplated in the previous sections.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More