The Bachelor (a) in Environmental Science and Risk Management has the theoretical and practical knowledge in the broad spectrum of earth sciences and social sciences, which allows you to evaluate the environmental impact of any scenario and understand the processes involved in conditions risk factors such as geological, meteorological, social, economic, technological, cultural and political. It also has the ability to understand the mechanisms of the relationship between human activities and the environment, allowing you to exercise critical judgment with social commitment and responsibility to analyze the processes of natural phenomena involved in disasters. It is creative and humanist, faced and addressed holistically and professional conduct an environmental process, risk or disaster, improving the cost-benefit ratio of social development.
The Bachelor (a) in Environmental Science and Risk Management can practice in the following areas:
- government agencies.
- Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (SEMARNAT).
- PROFEPA (Federal Attorney for Environmental Protection).
- Health Secretary.
- National Civil Protection System (SINAPROC).
- Cenapred (CENAPRED).
- Civil protection.
- Petroleos Mexicanos (PEMEX).
- Federal Electricity Commission (CFE).
- National Water Commission (CONAGUA).
- Educational institutions.
- Research Centers.
- Agencies environmental impact studies.
- Insurance companies.
- Mining companies.
- banking institutions.
- Construction companies.
Applicant desirable characteristics:
- Fitness for the scientific method.
- Taste for mathematics.
- Interest in reading.
- Understanding of scientific texts in English.
- Capacity for teamwork.
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and interpretation.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use electronic equipment.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Commitment and responsibility in their studies.
- Taste for field research and adaptability to different environments.
- Willingness to undertake field studies for several consecutive days.
- Willingness to take classes at two university campuses based on the schedules required by the campus.
- language skills in English (PET1 or intermediate).
Level 1 of the Inter-institutional Committees for the Evaluation of Higher Education, AC (CIEES).
Effective January 2021.
About the School
The mission of the University of Colima, as a social, public, and autonomous organization, is to contribute to the transformation of society through the comprehensive education of high school students ... Read More