The Degree in elementary education Is a title of the Faculty of Education Sciences that qualifies for the regulated profession of teacher in primary education. It belongs to the area of Social and Legal Sciences, with a duration of four years and 240 ECTS credits in its entirety.
The studies of Teaching have a long academic tradition. With the current reform there is an important advance: its equation with the rest of the university degrees.
Why study the degree
This title is regulated by the State and responds to a basic social need: training teachers that will allow the satisfaction of the right of all citizens to education, in this case child. It is, therefore, an eminently professional title.
The scientific disciplines that converge in this field are diverse: Pedagogy, Specific Didactics, Psychology, Sociology, etc. In fact, a good part of the psychopedagogical research carried out in Spain in the last two centuries is directly linked to the training of teaching staff in primary and secondary education.
Structure of the Study
- Theory of Education
- Developmental Psychology 6 to 12 Years
- Information and Communication Technologies in Education
- Sociology of Education
- Galician Language and its Didactics
- Education History
- Psychology of Learning in Educational Contexts
- Mathematics Education I
- Curriculum Design, Development and Evaluation
- Castellana Language and its Didactics
- Organization and Evaluation of Educational Institutions
- Orientation, Mentoring and Quality
- Galician Language and Literature and its Didactics
- Curricular Design and Development of Physical Education
- Artistic Education and its Didactics
- Inclusive and Multicultural Education
- Spanish Language and Literature and its Didactics
- Mathematical Education II
- Didactics of the Social Sciences I
- Teaching and Learning of the Nature Sciences I
- Teaching and Learning of the Sciences of Nature II
- Didactics of Social Sciences II
- Didactics of Musical Expression
- Mathematics Education III
- Motor Games
- Body Expression and Curricular Adaptations
- Learning difficulties
- Oral and Written Language Disorders
- Children and Youth Literature and its Didactics
- Problem Solving in Mathematics
- Fundamentals of Physical Education in the Current Society
- Didactics of the Foreign Language
- Practicum I
- Practicum II
- Physical Education for Leisure
- Sports initiation
- Alternative Communication Systems
- Attention to Diversity: Didactic and Organizational Aspects
- Pedagogical Diagnosis
- Historical and Geographical History of Galicia and its Didactics
- Didactics of Health Education
- Values and Education for Equality
- Religion, Culture and Values
- Final Project
Professional and academic outputs
Professional environment in which it is located
Professional and academic outputs
The studies of the degree in Primary Education qualify for the regulated profession of teacher in Primary Education.
Common access requirements
In order to request a place, one of the following access requirements established in art. 2 of RD 1892/2008:
- To be in possession of the title of Bachillerato, or equivalent, and to pass the Test of Access to the University (PAU)
- Comply with the requirements for access to the university in the educational systems of member states of the European Union or other states with which Spain has signed international agreements in this area.
- Have passed the University Access Test for over 25 years, or have it passed, in the University System of Galicia, according to previous regulations.
- Have passed the university entrance test for those over 45 years.
- Possess a title of superior technician of professional formation, teachings of plastic arts and design or superior technical technician, or equivalent titles.
- Possess an official university degree, a degree from correspondents to the previous order of university education (graduate, graduate, engineer, etc.) or equivalent degrees.
- To be able to access the university according to educational orders prior to that established by Royal Decree 1892/2008, of November 14, not contemplated in the previous sections.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More