The Degree in economics Taught at the Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of A Coruña provides the students with a solid training to understand the operation of the general economic system. The studies are mainly oriented to the economic analysis of the general and business reality and to the elaboration of policies that contribute to the improvement of the standard of life of society as a whole.
Why study the degree
The main reasons to take this degree are:
- Quality training in the general functioning of the economy and in the role of the different actors involved in it, with special focus on contour analysis and policy definition.
- Multipurpose nature of studies to favor the labor insertion of graduates.
- Teaching staff with proven qualification and clear orientation to the students.
- Full implementation of the methodologies implemented in the European Higher Education Area (Bologna).
- Possibility of internships in companies, administrations and institutions with academic recognition.
- Possibility to study subjects at European and Latin American universities through Erasmus and bilateral agreements.
- Possibility to study in English 40% of the credits of the degree.
- Possibility of continuing postgraduate studies through the university masters taught in the faculty and in the doctoral program.
What is learned
The curriculum combines basic, compulsory and optional subjects up to 240 ECTS in the fields of instrumental techniques (mathematics, statistics, econometrics, etc.), economic training (micro and macroeconomic theory, economic structure, economic policy, Industrial economics, markets, economic spaces, public finance and taxation, etc.), legal and social training (law, sociology, etc.) and business training (company economics).
The curriculum includes the completion of internships and an end-of-degree work.
Structure of the Study
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Economic history
- Analysis of Financial Operations
- Mathematics I
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Statistics I
- Company Law
- Business Economics: Management and Organization
- Mathematics II
- World economy
- Microeconomics and Markets
- Economic policy
- Statistics II
- Economic History of Spain
- Spanish economy
- Sectorial Economic Policies
- Statistical Methods and Introduction to Econometrics
- Principles of Public Finance
- Econometrics I
- Microeconomic Theory
- Monetary Policy and Financial System
- Economic Integration and European Economy
- Public treasury
- Econometrics II
- Macroeconomy. Growth and Dynamics
- International Economic Theory
- Regional Economy: Economy of Galicia
- Business Practices
- Spanish Public Finance. Tax system
- Economic Analysis of Organizations
- European Industrial Organization
- International finances
- Markets and Financial Intermediaries
- Market research
- Taxation of Financial Transactions
- Economic History of Galicia With restrictions
- Right of Financial Intermediation With Restrictions
- Final Project
Professional and academic outputs
Graduates in Economics must possess a thorough knowledge of economic thought and manage the concepts and techniques used in the economic analysis of societies, territories and organizations, in the economic structure and in the design and implementation of economic policies.
They must also understand the relationships between economic agents (companies, institutions, families, etc.), economic spaces, real and financial flows that are established worldwide. They are also trained to define economic policies and business decisions from the management level.
Professional environment in which it is located
Graduates in Economics should develop their profession in an economic and business context characterized by their increasing complexity and dynamism. The processes of economic globalization, with their repercussions in the scope of the opening and internationalization of the economies will determine the working environment of these graduates.
Professional and academic outputs
Graduates in Economics have a preference to access the university masters that are taught in the Faculty of Economics and Business of the UDC. Later, they will be able to accede to the program of doctorate imparted in this center.
These graduates are prepared to have access to jobs of medium or high responsibility in any public institution or private company. Their polyvalent training allows them to be included in the management levels of public administrations, private companies or non-profit organizations.
The graduates can develop their professional activity, by way of example, in the following areas:
- Business manager medium level
- High direction
- Business Analyst
- Personal and public consulting
- Public administration
- Self-employment, entrepreneurship
- Market Analyst
- Free professional practice
- University education, ESO, FP and Baccalaureate
Students with interest and concern for the world of economic organization of societies and territories, particularly economic agents involved in relations (families, companies, governments and the public sector) with a focus on economic analysis of problems, approach Policies and their implementation.
Common access requirements
In order to request a place, one of the following access requirements established in art. 2 of RD 1892/2008:
- To be in possession of the title of Bachillerato, or equivalent, and to pass the Test of Access to the University (PAU)
- Comply with the requirements for access to the university in the educational systems of member states of the European Union or other states with which Spain has signed international agreements in this area.
- Have passed the University Access Test for over 25 years, or have it passed, in the University System of Galicia, according to previous regulations.
- Have passed the university entrance test for those over 45 years.
- Possess a title of superior technician of professional formation, teachings of plastic arts and design or superior technical technician, or equivalent titles.
- Possess an official university degree, a degree from correspondents to the previous order of university education (graduate, graduate, engineer, etc.) or equivalent degrees.
- To be able to access the university according to educational orders prior to that established by Royal Decree 1892/2008, of November 14, not contemplated in the previous sections.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More