The title Graduated in Computer Engineering By the UDC proposes the integration of all the existing specialties in Spain, being the only title in Galicia that ensures the coverage of all the skills that can be acquired today in the field of Computer Engineering: the student can choose in 3rd year between The specialties of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology and Software Engineering.
Why study the degree
Computer Engineering is an exciting job:
- Promotes innovation in other branches of science: human genome project, early cancer detection techniques, environmental protection ...
- It is part of virtually everything that surrounds us: it offers many opportunities in diverse contexts.
- Possibility of working in multidisciplinary projects: against stereotypes, it is important to have good social skills.
- Impossible to predict "what will be next." This open future makes our work very stimulating.
... and has a promising future:
- The work of computer science is among the best paid and among those that generate greater satisfaction.
- The number of job offers in the field of information technology continues to grow: expectations until 2014 estimate that it will be the field with the greatest potential for generating new jobs.
What is learned
The people who obtain the degree of Graduation in Computer Engineering are professionals with a broad and solid training that prepares them to direct and to carry out the tasks of all the phases of the life cycle of systems, applications and products that solve problems of any scope Of Information and Communication Technologies, applying their scientific knowledge and the methods and techniques of engineering.
Structure of the Study
- Programming I
- Basic Informatics
- Discrete Mathematics
- Administration and Management of Organizations
- Electronic Technology
- Programming II
- Fundamentals of Computers
- Computer Structure
- Programming Paradigms
- Software Design
- Operating systems
- Concurrence and Parallelism
- Software Process
- Intelligent Systems
- Project management
- Machine Person Interfaces
- Internet and Distributed Systems
- Legislation and Computer Security
- Infrastructure Management
- Software Architecture
- Requirements Engineering
- Quality assurance
- Advanced Databases
- Programation advance
- Codiseño Hardware / Software
- Hardware Devices and Interfaces
- Computer Architecture
- Communications Software
- Digital Information Processing
- Knowledge Representation and Automatic Reasoning
- Development of Intelligent Systems
- Automatic Learning
- Theory of Computation
- Recover of information
- Analysis and Development of Information Systems
- Business Process Management
- Exploitation of Data Warehouses
- Quality in Information Systems
- Advanced Information Modeling
- Quality in ICT Management
- Operating Systems Management
- Network administration
- Integrative Programming
- Database Administration
- Development Methodologies
- Development Frameworks
- Validation and Verification of Software
- Development tools
- Statistical Methods
- Systems Programming
- Computer Infrastructure Engineering
- Built-in systems
- Mobile and Wireless Networks
- Numerical Methods for Computer Science
- Design of Programming Languages
- Computer Graphics and Visualization
- Language Processing
- Artificial vision
- Data Integration
- Business Information Systems
- Business Sectors
- Information Systems Architecture
- Security in Computer Systems
- Application Integration
- Real Estate Management
- Network Design
- Business practice
- Immersive, Interactive and Entertainment Environments
- Software Development Projects
- End of Grade Work. Mention in Software Engineering
- Computer Infrastructure Management
- End of Grade Work. Mention in Computer Engineering
- End of Grade Work. Mention in Computing
- Planning Information Systems
- End of Grade Work. Mention in Information Systems
- Administration of Infrastructures and Computer Systems
- End of Grade Work. Mention in Information Technology
- Business practice
- Business practice
Professional and academic outputs
IT professionals enjoy a very favorable employment situation, approaching full employment.
The main profiles with which the computer professionals are identified are the following:
- Computer programmer
- IT Analyst
- Computer systems analyst
- Teacher / teacher / researcher (compulsory secondary education, training cycles, university, etc.)
- Director / manager / consultant information technologies
Among the desirable skills in the students that enter the formative program of this degree we can cite the following:
- Basic skills in the management of new technologies.
- Ability of abstraction, analysis, synthesis and logical reasoning.
- Capacity for teamwork.
- Sense of organization, attention to detail and practicality.
- Curiosity, imagination, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Interest in scientific and technological advances.
As recommended knowledge the following are indicated: Basic computer (internet, office automation), Mathematics (analysis, linear algebra, geometry, statistics and probability), Physics and electrotechnology (electromagnetism, electrical circuits), English.
Common access requirements
In order to request a place, one of the following access requirements established in art. 2 of RD 1892/2008:
- To be in possession of the title of Bachillerato, or equivalent, and to pass the Test of Access to the University (PAU)
- Comply with the requirements for access to the university in the educational systems of member states of the European Union or other states with which Spain has signed international agreements in this area.
- Have passed the University Access Test for over 25 years, or have it passed, in the University System of Galicia, according to previous regulations.
- Have passed the university entrance test for those over 45 years.
- Possess a title of superior technician of professional formation, teachings of plastic arts and design or superior technical technician, or equivalent titles.
- Possess an official university degree, a degree from correspondents to the previous order of university education (graduate, graduate, engineer, etc.) or equivalent degrees.
- To be able to access the university according to educational orders prior to that established by Royal Decree 1892/2008, of November 14, not contemplated in the previous sections.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More