The Degree in Business Studies Taught at the Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of A Coruña provides students with a solid training in business management oriented to the resolution of operational, tactical and strategic problems.
Why study the degree
The main reasons to take this degree are:
- Quality training in the areas of business management.
- Multipurpose nature of studies to favor the labor insertion of graduates.
- Teaching staff with proven qualification and clear orientation to the students.
- Full implementation of the methodologies implemented in the European Higher Education Area (Bologna).
- Orientation to internationalization with training run in business English.
- Possibility of internships in companies with academic recognition.
- Possibility to study subjects at European and Latin American universities through Erasmus and bilateral agreements.
- Possibility of continuing postgraduate studies through the university masters taught in the faculty and in the doctoral program.
What is learned
The curriculum combines basic, compulsory and optional subjects to reach 240 ECTS in the areas of
- Instrumental techniques (mathematics, statistics, econometrics, etc.),
- Economic training (micro and macroeconomic theory, economic structure, economic history, etc.),
- Legal and social training (law, sociology, etc.) and
- Business training (organization, information systems for management, taxation, marketing, finance, management and strategy).
The curriculum includes the completion of internships and an end-of-degree work.
Structure of the Study
- Introduction to Law
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Business Economics: Organizational Function
- Mathematics I
- History of the company
- Commercial law
- World and Spanish Economy
- Economy of the Company: Financial Function
- Statistics I
- Mathematics II
- Fiscal Regime of the Company I
- Introduction to Industrial and Company Sociology
- Financial Accounting I
- Analysis of Financial Operations
- Business Organization
- Financial Accounting II
- Statistics II
- Financial Management I
- Informatics Applied to the Company
- Fiscal Regime of the Company II
- Databases for the Company
- Cost accounting
- Introduction to Econometrics
- Financial Management II
- Labor law and social security
- Fiscal Regime of the Company III
- Spanish Financial System
- Business English
- Corporate Accounting
- Financial statement analysis
- Business Group Accounting With Restrictions
- Computer Applications for the Company
- Advanced Business English
- Marketing Basics
- Labor Market in Historical Perspective
- International finances
- Markets and Financial Intermediaries
- Introduction to Audit
- Information Systems for Financial Management of the Company
- Economy and Management of the Family Business
- Foreign trade
- Final Project
Professional and academic outputs
Graduates in Business Sciences must apply the concepts and techniques of the different functional areas of the company, as well as understand the relationships that exist between them and the general objectives of wool organization. They are also empowered to make decisions and assume managerial tasks.
Graduates in Business Sciences will be professionals with great analytical ability to solve problems. It is necessary to emphasize the depth of the knowledge they acquire in the field of accounting and information systems in the company.
Professional environment in which it is located
Graduates in Business Sciences must face responsibilities in middle or senior management positions in an economic and business context characterized by their increasing complexity and dynamism.
The processes of economic globalization, with their repercussions in the scope of the internationalization of the companies, will determine the work outline of these graduates.
Professional and academic outputs
Graduates in Business Sciences have a preference to access the university masters that are taught in the Faculty of Economics and Business of the UDC. Later, they will be able to accede to the program of doctorate imparted in this center.
These graduates are prepared to access jobs of medium or high responsibility in any company. Their multi-purpose training allows them to coordinate, control, organize, direct and plan the programs of action and the general policy of a company.
The graduates can develop their professional activity in the areas of accounting, marketing-marketing, sales, finance, logistics, human resources, organization, strategy, management, information systems, etc. By way of example, the following profiles are cited:
- Business manager medium level
- High direction
- Business Analyst
- Public administration
- Self-employment, entrepreneurship
- Market Analyst
- Free professional practice
- University education, ESO, FP and Baccalaureate
Students with an interest and concern for the world of the management of the organizations, specifically of the companies, with orientation to the decision making, with great capacity of relation of concepts, techniques and situations.
Common access requirements
In order to request a place, one of the following access requirements established in art. 2 of RD 1892/2008:
- To be in possession of the title of Bachillerato, or equivalent, and to pass the Test of Access to the University (PAU)
- Comply with the requirements for access to the university in the educational systems of member states of the European Union or other states with which Spain has signed international agreements in this area.
- Have passed the University Access Test for over 25 years, or have it passed, in the University System of Galicia, according to previous regulations.
- Have passed the university entrance test for those over 45 years.
- Possess a title of superior technician of professional formation, teachings of plastic arts and design or superior technical technician, or equivalent titles.
- Possess an official university degree, a degree from correspondents to the previous order of university education (graduate, graduate, engineer, etc.) or equivalent degrees.
- To be able to access the university according to educational orders prior to that established by Royal Decree 1892/2008, of November 14, not contemplated in the previous sections.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More