If you have a passion for the arts—whether it’s a love of music, theatre, painting, drawing, videography, photography or broadcast journalism—consider majoring in creative arts at Siena.
Siena’s Creative Arts Department will provide you with focused study in the visual arts, music, theatre, or broadcast journalism, preparing you for personal, academic, or professional work in the arts. In addition to classroom learning, you’ll have opportunities to attend and perform in campus shows, mount exhibits, and tour area museums.
Creative Arts coursework
Want to prepare for a career in music? Explore our courses in vocal and orchestral performance, music history, and music theory. If theatre is your passion, take performance, theatre management, or set design. Or try your hand at documentary filmmaking, broadcast journalism, graphic design, costume and makeup design, or painting. You can even combine courses in different areas to create an intermedia arts experience.
Our Creative Arts home
Housed in historic Foy Hall, our Creative Arts Department is home to studio art classrooms, a state-of-the-art digital lab, an acting studio, music practice rooms, and lecture and rehearsal halls. Foy Hall also houses Siena’s experimental studio lab, Beaudoin Theater, scene and costume shops, lighting and sound booths, and the Carol and Joseph Reilly SCTV station and broadcasting studio.
As a creative arts student, you’ll have plenty of hands-on and extracurricular opportunities to perfect your craft. Experiential opportunities include Siena’s chamber orchestra, chamber singers, college chorus, campus radio station (88.3 FM, WVCR The Saint), and theatre productions. Internships are available with local radio and television stations, recording studios, local theatres, galleries, graphic design studios, museums, and photography studios.
- Choose from a wide range of interests to experiment with your ideas or you can focus on one artistic discipline.
- Hands-on and extracurricular opportunities, including chamber orchestra, chamber singers, college chorus, campus radio station (88.3 FM, WVCR The Saint), and theatre productions, help students perfect their craft.
- Idea generation
- Albany Institute of History and Art
- Albany Symphony Orchestra
- Capital Repertory Theatre
- New York State Museum
- Times Union Center
- Graphic Designer
- Interior Designer
- Music Director
- Instrumental Musicians
- Fine Artist
- Multimedia Artist
- Art, Drama, and Music Professor
- Art Director
- Film/Video Editor
- Radio/Television Announcer
- Broadcast and Journalism Professor
- Broadcast Industry
- Museum Technician
- Museums/Historical Sites Industry
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 13, 2018