Please note: this program is taught entirely in ITALIAN.
Are you interested in languages, literature, foreign cultures and civilizations? Would you like to learn more about language science and how linguistic and cultural identities are constructed? This program gives you the opportunity to strengthen your knowledge of at least two languages and possibly a third by choosing from more than 20 languages.
Depending on the curriculum you choose, you can specialize in literature and culture, language science, or international politics. You can further develop and practice your skills by spending a semester or year studying abroad or by carrying out an internship at one of Ca’ Foscari’s many partner institutions.
- International Politics (taught in Italian)
- Linguistics, Philology and Language Teaching Research (taught in Italian)
- Literatures and Culture (taught in Italian)
• Three-year courses: Albanian, American English, Catalan, Czech, French, German, English, Italian Sign Language (LIS), Latin American Spanish, Modern Greek, Polish, Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish, Swedish
• Single module courses: Basque, Bulgarian, tactile sign language
LAUNCHING YOUR CAREER
Graduates are ready to work in various sectors, such as the management and enhancement of cultural heritage and education. Some of the career options available include:
- Foreign language correspondent
- Public relations expert
- Tourism-related professions
- Cultural consultant
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND ADMISSION
- EU citizens must take a written entry test in Italy that evaluates their knowledge of Italian, English and logic, as well as their familiarity with relevant themes;
- Non-EU citizens must take either an oral entry test via Skype or a written entry test in Italy that evaluates their knowledge of Italian, English and logic, as well as their familiarity with relevant themes;
- A certified B2-level knowledge of Italian and a certified B1-level knowledge of English are required for all curricula except for those focusing on the English language, for which a B2-level knowledge of English is required.
- To enroll in the German stream, a B1 level in German is also required; no remedial classes are provided for beginners.
TO APPLY, VISIT OUR ONLINE APPLICATION PLATFORM APPLY.UNIVE.IT!
Come graduate in Piazza San Marco with us!
FEES AND FUNDING
Depending on the nationality, the fees range from 700 to 1900 Euros. To know how much your fee is, contact us!
For high-achieving international students, Ca' Foscari offers:
- renewable fee waivers
- one-time scholarships of €5,000
The regional government also offers financial aid for international students from low-income families.
Life at Ca' Foscari is both rewarding and stimulating thanks to a wide range of activities and events organised by the university as well as the students themselves. You can get involved in student clubs and sports, as well as take advantage of everything the city itself has to offer, from international cultural events to some of the world's most beautiful art and architecture. Plus, if you choose to live in Venice's historic centre, you'll surely enjoy living locally and sustainably thanks to the fact that distances are manageable and there are no cars or traffic to compete with.
To get an insider's perspective, why not book an online chat with a current international student?
Also be sure to check out our international student Instagram account, @studentlifeinvenice for a window onto life at Ca' Foscari!
Ca' Foscari main building
About the School
Originally established as Italy’s first business school in 1868, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is now a multidisciplinary institution offering a wide range of study programs in economics and manage ... Read More