M.I.U.C.'s BA in Sports Management is an innovative programme that will help you turn your passion into a career. From setting up a brand to selling a sponsorship, you will develop real-world expertise through our rigorous coursework and practical learning that are crucial for today's sports business success.
Duration: 3 years (180 ECTS)
Programme Title: Sport Management
Degree Awarded: Bachelor in Sport Management
If you have a love of sports, if you are business-savvy and are ready to take on a challenging and dynamic professional career, then our programme in Sports Management is an excellent way to enter the world of sports business and sports industry.
What better way to enter the world of sports industry than graduating from a bachelor programme bearing both the name and the endorsement of the famous sports executive Claude Littner? In addition to his successful business career and famous media show “Apprentice,” Mr. Littner has served as the Chief Executive of Tottenham Hotspur PLC from 1993 to 1998. He has been the Executive Chairman of the Powerleague Group Ltd., since June 2001 and serves as the Executive Director.
Our programme combines sports and the science of sports with the latest trends in the teaching of business, finance, marketing, and law, including analytics tools and techniques that help sports decision-makers, sports managers and leaders make key strategic decisions. The programme´s objective is to provide you with a strong foundation in key business areas, before taking you to an advanced level of knowledge, skills, and understanding of how sports industry works.
What You'll Study
Following is the general programme structure of the Claude Littner Bachelor in Sports Management. Please bear in mind that the programme described serves the purpose of informing our prospective students of the key programme characteristics, courses included in the programme and the year-to-year progression of the course.
M.I.U.C. reserves the right to amend and edit the courses and the course structure according to the school plans on a yearly basis.
Year I (Level 4)
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Introduction to Sports Management||The Fundamentals of Business*|
|Sports Science||Marketing Management*|
|The Foundation of Economics*||The Psychology of Sport|
Year II (Level 5)
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Sports Business||Law and Ethics in Sport|
|Sports Marketing and Promotion||Fundamentals of Sport Analytics|
|Organizational Behaviour *||Digital Marketing*|
Year III (Level 6)
|Semester I||Semester II|
|International Sports Management||Sports Leadership and Governance|
|Public Opinion and Persuasion *||Sport and Media|
|Capstone Project||Capstone Project/Thesis|
Sports Management is a very dynamic and competitive sector. You can pursue a career in professional sports, local or national sports organizations, community-based sports or camps and similar recreational facilities. Furthermore, you can embark on a professional career that would combine sports with finance, marketing, analytics or events planning, or opt to specialize in sports journalism. Following are some of the job profiles of graduates in sports management:
- Sports organization manager
- Sports facility manager
- Sports marketing agent
- Sport agent
- Sports journalist/Analyst
- Sports Public Relations Specialist
- Event manager
- Leisure and recreation manager
- Sports camp manager
- Sports Finance Manager
- Sport Teacher
Rolling Admission - We receive and process applications on an ongoing basis as they are sent in.
- High School Certificate. All candidates with a completed high school education are eligible to apply. Students who have studied part of a degree at a different University or accredited higher education institution can apply for a credit transfer.
- Proof of English Proficiency* of candidates who have not previously studied in an English speaking school or country.The tests and minimum scores we accept are: - IELTS - 6 - TOEFL iBT - 72 - Cambridge Certificate - B2 - M.I.U.C. English Test - Pass
Application Supporting Documents:
You will need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Copy of Passport or ID
- Passport sized digital photograph
- Proof of English Proficiency (If you are not from an English speaking country or have not previously studied in English)
- High School Certificate (Officially translated into English or Spanish)
- High School Grade Transcripts (Officially translated into English or Spanish)
- Statement of Purpose (500 words on why you want to study at M.I.U.C., your expectations, and aspirations)
*Pre-sessional English courses are available to those who do not satisfy the English proficiency requirement.
The annual tuition fee is 18.900,00€*. The following is included:
- Course registration Tuition and course materials
- Access to Blackboard Learning
- Full access to the Library
- Private Health insurance Accommodation support Visa and immigration advice and support
- 24/7 emergency student support
- Student counselling
- Career service
- Language courses
UK Validation additional charge 3.000€
*For advance annual payments, we provide 5% discount.
*In addition to the health insurance that we provide you, you must also submit a mandatory travel insurance for the visa procedure.
All students are required to register for the courses in the first week of the semester. Simply not attending classes later during the semester does not release you from the financial or academic obligation for courses in which you have previously enrolled. If you wish to drop one or more of your courses, you must officially drop the course(s) by de-registering at the Student Services.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH STUDENT TO BE AWARE OF AND UNDERSTAND UNIVERSITY REGULATIONS AS PUBLISHED.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 7, 2018