The Bachelor's programme in Chemistry: something for you?
Studying Chemistry at Radboud University involves more than just theory. If you are interested in the properties of molecules and how they react with one another, Chemistry is the programme for you. You will learn to understand or improve existing processes and to predict reactions. Armed with this knowledge, you can create new substances and materials, or come up with solutions to a wide range of problems.
Chemists routinely make significant contributions to a sustainable world, finding ways to generate energy from sunlight or movement, or developing new medicines. Chemistry is also very important in the cosmetics and food industries.
At Radboud University in Nijmegen, you will receive a solid, broad scientific grounding. You do lots of practicals, where you can put the theory you have learned into practice and where you work closely with other students.Moreover, you will receive excellent supervision: all first-year students have a tutor and a student advisor who you can go to with all your questions.
You will have personal contact with your lecturers, who are very approachable. You will study alongside Molecular Life Sciences and Science students.You will have access to unique research facilities: NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance), FEL (free-electron laser) and HFML (High Field Magnet Laboratory).
Are you interested in broadening your horizons? Radboud University offers you the exciting opportunity to study or do an internship abroad as part of your Bachelor’s programme. Spending time abroad during your studies is a great way to develop yourself, have exciting new experiences, and gain a competitive advantage with future employers. International experience can be valuable in many ways, and we encourage all of our students to look at the possibilities available for going abroad.
There is close cooperation with companies: this opens up a host of internship possibilities during your Master’s and gives you a taste of the job market.
By choosing certain courses in your Bachelor's Programme, you can increase your possibilities for advancing to other Master’s Programmes at the Radboud University.
If you have completed or will complete a study programme abroad, your previous education will be individually assessed by the Admissions Officer of the Faculty of Science to determine whether it is of sufficient level. If the level is sufficient, then you could be directly admissible or additional conditions may apply (such as taking an English or Mathematics test). For accepted English tests, please see below. For Mathematics tests: we accept the Mathematics B tests from the CCVX and Boswell-Bèta. If you have any questions on whether you are qualified for admission, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you obtain a German diploma, one from the UK or USA, an International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate, please download the diploma-specific admission requirements (pdf, 122 kB) to check whether you can be admitted directly or have to take an additional test.
All international students should have sufficient proficiency in English. This requirement has been fulfilled when a student meets one of the following conditions:
- obtained a Dutch VWO diploma;
- obtained a German Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife, including Grundkurs or Leistungskurs Englisch in the Abitur;
- obtained an International Baccalaureate diploma;
- obtained a European Baccalaureate diploma, in which the course English Language 2 or 1 has been taken;
- obtained GCE A-levels from AQA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC or CCEA in the UK or outside the UK
- obtained an American High School Diploma in the US or outside the US
- obtained a diploma in which English has been part of the final examinations from European countries mentioned in the list of diplomas (pdf, 181 kB);
- obtained a diploma equivalent to or higher than the Dutch VWO level by completing education at an institution in one of the member states of the EU/EEA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or the United States of America, where the language of instruction is English; you are a citizen of Australia, Canada (with exception of Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, or the US.
Students who do not meet one of the above conditions must satisfy one of the following conditions:
- obtained an IELTS Academic certificate with a result of at least 6.5 on the overall band and scores of at least 6.0 on all four sub-bands
- obtained a TOEFL iBT certificate with a total score of at least 90 and scores of at least 18 on all four parts;
- obtained a Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English with a mark of at least C;
- obtained a Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English with a mark of at least C
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 19, 2018