The documented health benefits of physical activity have made supervised exercise programs, personal training, and other health‑promotion initiatives an integral inclusion of preventive medicine.
Help others improve their quality of life through the lens of sciences like biology, anatomy, and physiology as an Exercise Science and Health Promotion major or minor.
Customize your education with the Sports Science or Health and Wellness Management track, preparing you to follow your chosen career path.
Exercise Science and Health Promotion Program Details
The Exercise Science and Health Promotion program focuses on physical activity and the role of diet and nutrition in the maintenance of good health, cardiovascular stamina, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, agility, and athletic performance. Learn how a healthy lifestyle can offset the aging process, prevent and manage disease, and maintain an individual's quality of life.
Customize your education with the Sports Science track, which prepares you for a career in allied health, or the Health and Wellness Management track, which prepares you for a career in general health and wellness.
A signature component of the Exercise Science and Health Promotion program has been the integration of the academic curriculum with the daily operations of the Dixon Center (Cabrini’s sports and recreation center), including elements of its fitness rooms and Human Performance Laboratory.
The integration of academics with the fitness, aquatics, intramurals, recreation, and intercollegiate and athletic training programs of the Dixon Center provides an excellent model of preparation for the future workplace.
In addition to being well-prepared to enter graduate studies in a number of disciplines, Exercise Science and Health Promotion majors find careers in fields such as:
- Sports conditioning
- Corporate and community wellness
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Commercial fitness
- Wellness for aging adults
- Physical therapy
- Children’s exercise
- Hospital-based fitness
- Work closely with faculty
- Customize your education with the Sports Science or Health and Wellness Management tracks
- Integrate your knowledge with the daily operations of the Dixon Center (Cabrini’s sports and recreation center), including elements of its fitness rooms and Human Performance Laboratory
- Administer assessments and prescribe appropriate exercise and nutrition regimens based on an analysis of needs
- Communicate clearly and effectively in one-on-one counseling settings and when making presentations to groups
- Demonstrate professional scientific or business writing skills appropriate to the discipline
- Remain current in the discipline throughout your career through information literacy and resourcefulness
Program taught in: