Our undergraduate Communications Engineering degree is designed to give you the skills you need to work in the modern communication industry, covering wireless, fibre optic, mobile, satellite and transport communications.
This degree will equip students with the skills for state-of-the-art electronics and communications with elements in analogue & digital electronics, wireless & optical communications, as well as communication networks.
The course will cover content appropriate for work in the modern communication industry including wireless, fibre optic, mobile, satellite and transport communications.
The course will also cover basic physics, mechanical engineering, control systems, and electrical engineering to broaden the knowledge base of students, enhance their career prospects and create well-rounded engineers.
Why choose this course?
- This course covers the essentials of engineering science, with a deeper focus on electronics and communications systems.
- You will develop important skills in communications and IT as well as team-working and project management.
- You will work in a multi-disciplinary environment, to give you the ability to deal with challenges that cross subject boundaries.
- You will be taught through design, helping to develop your decision-making, creativity and flair.
- You will gain the analytical skills to prepare you to cope with change throughout your professional life.
Undergraduate programmes at LUC-BJTU have a first year designed to help improve your level of English and to give you the study skills you will need to complete your degree. You will also learn some Chinese language with some cultural modules.
Your second and third years are designed to deliver a thorough grounding in engineering through a combination of lectures, tutorial/workshop sessions, projects, coursework exercises and practical work.
Your final year will cover advanced topics on signal processing, circuit design, communication systems and networking, You will also be allocated a challenging design project, which will allow you to focus on the technologies suited to your interests and career plans.
International students: during the first year of each programme, some of the modules studied will vary from those listed here. The modules are developed especially for international students to enhance your time studying with Lancaster University College, Beijing Jiaotong University. You will also learn some Chinese language with some cultural modules.
- Ideological and Moral Cultivation and Law Basics
- Physical Education
- Calculus (B)
- Geometry and Algebra (B)
- Fundamentals of Computer
- English Language and Study Skills I
- The Outline of Chinese Modern History
- Calculus (B)
- University Physics(A)
- Experiments in Physics
- Engineering drawing basis (B)
- English Language and Study Skills II
- English Language and Study Skills III
- Computers and Control
- Fundamentals of Digital Electronics
- Fundamentals of Communication Systems
- Circuit Analysis
- Complex Function and Integral Transformations (A)
- English Language and Study Skills IV
- Power systems(Part 2)
- Computer Network
- Signal and Systems
- Probability and Mathematical Statistics
- Electromagnetics & RF Engineering
- Instrumentation and Control
- Advanced AC Circuits
- Microcomputer Principle and Interface Technology
- Business Development Project
- Digital Electronics
- Analogue and Digital Communication Systems
- Engineering Project - Group
- Fundamentals of Communication Networks
- Integrated Circuit Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Select topics on communication systems
- Analogue Electronics
- Individual BEng Project
- Optoelectronics + Networking
- Advanced Communication Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
How to apply
Lancaster University College at Beijing Jiaotong University welcomes applicants from mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau as well as international students from further afield.
Who can apply?
We welcome applicants from anywhere in the world. Our courses are taught in English and include modules designed to help improve your English language and study skills.
Academic entry requirement
- A Level – BBB
- AP - 444
- International Baccalaureate - 30 points overall including 15 points from 3 HL's
- Mongolia - Completion of the Upper Secondary Education (Gerchilgee) with a minimum score of 4/5
- South Korea - Senior High School Certificate with a minimum grade of 70% overall
We may consider you if your score is within one grade on a non-core subject.
If you are unsure, or if your country isn't listed, then please contact Mr Hanbin Yao or Ms Xueli Wang for advice.
English language requirement
- IELTS - overall 5.5 with at least 5.5 in each element
- TOEFL (iBT) - 72 overall, minimum of 18 in Reading, 17 in Listening, 20 in Speaking, 17 in Writing
- International Baccalaureate - Either 5 in Higher Level English or 6 in Standard level English
If you have not taken one of our recognised English language qualifications, we may be able to accept an alternative English Language qualification. Please contact Mr Hanbin Yao or Ms Xueli Wang for advice.
Application document list
- Photocopy or scanned copy of passport.
- Identification photo with white background and minimum size 640*480 pixels or 8 pieces of printed copies with size 30mm*40mm.
- Scanned copy of education qualification, such as the transcript of A-level, IB, etc.
- English proficiency certificates, such as IELTS or TOEFL iBT report.
- Photocopy or scanned copy of Bank Statement. The students must provide the financial support document to show sufficient fund available to study for the entire study period, including tuition fee, accommodation, and living expenditure. If parents or other financial support the students, the fund guarantor must provide Bank Statement and the letter of guarantee stating fund guarantor will sponsor the student’s all cost for the entire study period.
- Physical Examination Report. Please download the physical examination form from the website study.bjtu.edu.cn, complete the form by a certified health examination provider, and upload the completed form together with the necessary examination report.
- Curriculum Vitae
Program taught in: