Develop your ability to think clearly, discover and interpret information, and communicate results—skills applicable to careers in many fields—with a major or minor in Communications.
Housed in a fully digital, networked Communications Center, the Communication program mirrors the professional world of converging media as you create content and develop skills across a variety of traditional and new media.
Communication Program Details
Create content and develop skills across a variety of media as a Communication major.
Develop as an individual and hone your cooperative and leadership skills as you cultivate partnerships among video students, audio students, writers, marketing communicators, and graphic designers in the digital Communications Center and create media projects that have an audience outside the classroom in the real world.
Tailor your education with a concentration in Digital Convergence, Journalism and Writing, Marketing Communication, or Visual and Sound Communication.
Build your portfolio by participating in the national award-winning College newspaper and news website, the national award-winning College broadcast FM radio station, video studio, digital photography, and in marketing communication, advertising, and public relations projects, all available on campus.
Additionally, you can participate in an extensive internship program or take part in the four-year Professional Development Program, in which you’ll partner with the department faculty to identify and research potential career paths.
Communication major students, upon graduation, are prepared to enter graduate or professional schools or careers in communication, journalism, multimedia, and marketing, such as those at:
- Radio stations
- Television stations
- Ad agencies
Communication graduates are also well-prepared to write in the fields of public relations, advertising, and technical writing, and may be certified in secondary education and prepared to teach in high school.
- Major or minor option
- Extensive internship program
- Faculty-guided Professional Development Program
- Customize your major with one of four tracks: Journalism and Writing, Visual and Sound Communication, Marketing Communication, and Digital Convergence
- Communicate in multiple media
- Employ current technologies and methodologies to create communication for specific audiences for the purposes of informing, creating, and persuading in at least three of the following media: audio, video, text, design, web, social media, sound slide storytelling, and other emerging media
- Promote understanding, compassion, and action for the common good through media creations, integrating the theory, values, practices, and advocacy of social justice
- Articulate transferable and professional skills, supported by examples
- Identify and articulate transferable skills in light of research on trends in industry sectors and societal changes and provide examples
- Achieve a superior level of competency in written communication, demonstrating a clear focus/thesis aimed at fulfilling the needs of a specific audience; fully developed content supported by sound research and analysis; logical and well-structured organization; effective writing style; and appropriate conventions
- Effectively and competently manage communications projects
- Working as part of a team, develop a plan for producing and executing messages
- Demonstrate teamwork, collaboration, and cooperation using technical, social, and organizational skills
Cabrini University is located in a safe community a short train ride from Philadelphia.We are minutes away from King of Prussia Mall the largest shopping complex on the East Coast, and less than three hours from New York City and Washington, D.C.
The average academic and need based scholarship is $23,000.00.Our total estimated cost is $46,000.00 Cabrini is ranked as a top small university and a best value for students with over 35 academic majors.
Student teacher ratio 16 to 1
Average class size 16
92% of full time faculty have their doctorate or terminal degree.
92% of Cabrini graduates are employed, in graduate school, or completing a year of service within 10 months of graduating.
About the School
Founded in 1957, Cabrini University is a residential Catholic institution in Pennsylvania that welcomes learners of all faiths, cultures, and backgrounds.