The bachelor's degree in computer science aims to train specialists who will work in companies that use computers in their business processes, especially in e-commerce.
The program provides solid computer training, which enables its graduates to work in all areas of computer science and adapt to its evolution. The training focuses on the acquisition of software engineering skills in the field of the Internet, databases, networks and computer security.
This program aims to train graduates with the knowledge and skills required to work as computer scientists or computer analysts, and able, through the autonomy gained, to adapt to the evolution of technology.
The training focuses on the acquisition of software engineering skills in the field of the Internet.
The program also prepares students to pursue graduate studies in computer science.
hitesh choudhary / Pexels
Internships, projects and integration activities in the workplace
- The bachelor's degree in computer science makes it possible to develop a study profile that brings it closer to the job market by providing practical experiences in professional circles. It offers a work-study path in integration and alternation through the combination of regular and optional courses that take the form of internships, integration into professional environments or projects.
- The student can complete a minimum of 6 credits and a maximum of 15 credits of internships, work integration activities and projects. The student is responsible for the steps to find an internship. These generally paid activities are designed to put into practice the knowledge acquired and to become familiar with the concrete computer problems encountered in professional circles.
- IT development projects mean that the student can develop a project corresponding to concrete needs, after being approved by the program management.
- Two profiles allow students to experience work experiences.
Integration Studies / Work
- The integration activities in the workplace (3 credits) take place in parallel with classes on Thursdays and Fridays during the fall and winter sessions and last for 10 to 15 weeks.
- Allows you to work part-time in a company from the second year.
- The Recognition of Prior Learning Gateway for computer science graduates allows integration to begin in the first year.
Alternation Studies / Work
- Work placements (3 credits) usually take place during summer sessions, usually 5 days a week, and last from 10 to 15 weeks.
- Allows alternating study and internship periods.
- The internship and the end-of-studies project in Computer Science (6 optional credits) last from 16 to 25 weeks. In this project, the student participates in the different phases of the realization of a project that takes place in a professional environment for about 4 to 5 days a week.
A personalized education
Classes include an average of 15 students. The limited number of class sessions combined with the availability and the remarkable supervision by the professors favor the success of the studies.
Many opportunities for stays abroad
UQAR offers many opportunities to stay abroad for students motivated to expand their knowledge while living a rewarding cultural experience. These stays can take the form of an exchange program, a practical internship or a research stay. Several sources of funding are also available.
Excellent job prospects
Computer science graduates are in the following positions:
- Analyst Programmer;
- Project manager;
- Database administrator;
- Network administrator;
- IT Manager;
- Website Consultant;
- IT analyst or consultant;
- Programmer and developer in interactive media;
- User Support Agent, etc.
Employment Resources to Consult
- The Relance to University Survey - Bachelor's and Master's - Employment Status Surveys of Graduates from the Department of Education and Advanced Learning, presents the situation of graduates of university education in Quebec, about twenty months after graduation.
- Emploi-Québec's LMI (Labor Market Information) includes information on employment prospects by occupation, hourly wages, sectors in demand and regions in demand for labor. .
- The Repères educational and vocational information platform provides information on professions, training programs and related employment opportunities.
Application for admission
Step 1: Admission Requirements
- Choose the admission quarter.
- Choose the place of instruction.
- Check the conditions of admission and quota.
- Check the requirements for fluency in French.
- Respect the deadlines for submission of admission applications.
Step 2: Filing the application
- Complete the application for admission.
- Provide the necessary documents to process the application for admission.
- Pay the admission fee.
Step 3: Demand Tracking
- Receive the decision on the application for admission.
- Register for classes.
Step 1: Choose your training
- Choice of study program and campus.
- Equivalence of diplomas and admission requirements.
- Requirements for fluency in French.
- Research Directorate, if necessary (research-type graduate programs).
Step 2: Check your financial capacity
Foreign students must ensure, before leaving their country of origin, to have the necessary financial resources to cover all the expenses of study and stay.
Step 3: Submit your application
- Application for admission online.
It is important to send all the required documents for the analysis of the application for admission as soon as possible. The Office of the Registrar of UQAR will not be able to process the application for admission without them.
Step 4: Obtain legal permissions to study in Canada
Foreign students admitted to a study program or exchange program for a period of more than 6 months must obtain the residence permit below.
Students admitted to a program lasting less than six months (a one-term program) are exempt from the CAQ and study permit. However, depending on the nationality of the candidate, a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) may be required to stay in Canada.
Applications for authorization are the responsibility of the candidate. UQAR can not intervene in this process, which is the exclusive responsibility of the ministries concerned.
Students must ensure that they have a valid passport when applying for a residence permit.
If student residence permits are not obtained in time for back to school, contact a foreign student advisor to evaluate options.
Step 5: Prepare to arrive in Canada
- Health insurance and hospitalization.
- Foreign Student Matching Program.
- Reservation of accommodation.
- Plan your itinerary to Rimouski or Lévis.
- Head to UQAR .
About the School
L'UQAR, une université d'excellence en recherche! Riche de la diversité de ses expertises de calibre international, l’UQAR se démarque parmi les meilleures universités en recherche au Canada. La comp ... Read More