The Industrial Design programme prepares the students/ future engineers for a career in fashion and textile industry. The aim of this programme is to train engineers with abilities, skills and attitudes suited to finding solutions to the problems associated with products, processes and services, such as design, development and management of integrated systems (people, materials, equipment and information specific to clothing and textile industry).
This program introduces the student/ young engineer to the production techniques and business practices needed to implement competitive manufacturing systems for today’s global marketplace. The student will acquire knowledge and skills in basic sciences together with modern methods of engineering for designing and developing innovative textile products, as well as the use of dedicated CAD/CAM 2D and 3D software for clothing and textiles and leather in order to translate textile concepts into marketable products, to predict and evaluate product quality and its utility in the customer’s life.
- Apply design fundamental principles and theory for developing new textile products;
- Make criteria decision and choice of materials to design textile products by acquiring and applying knowledge of specific technical information related to materials and manufacturing processes for new textile products to the design process;
- Innovate textile products by integrating multidisciplinary textile engineering knowledge with management, marketing, work organisation and textile business communication;
- Carry out complex professional projects and innovative research;
- Adapt to different and complex technological changes, using continuous learning throughout life to update personal textile knowledge in order to identify and integrate these changes in the process development;
- Work in interdisciplinary teams, be able to negotiate and manage the relation with the external partners;
- Analyze and solve design problems by understanding the conditions specific to the product’s end-use, as well as evaluating product functions, ability to find alternative design solutions and evaluate them.
As an engineer (Bachelor of Engineering), you will have a wide range of career opportunities. The studies include a diverse perspective on design, technology and business management which will give you a good background to work in demanding tasks. Your studies, including practical training, will help you to find your own career path and professional interests, such as designer, technician, production, operational planning and development engineer, and business management, e.g. sales of technological products and services.
Possible jobs for our engineers are:
- Buyer Fashion PR
- Freelance textile designer with his own studio, and/ or integrated into a department of a company
- Project engineer
- Quality engineer, Quality coordinator, Quality manager
- Production planner, Production manager
- Development engineer, Design engineer
- Company technicians
- Pattern maker
- Ready-to-wear designer
- Fashion trends designer
- Researcher for innovative textile materials, products, technologies and processes
- Consultant, CEO, Quality control of textile products and technologies
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017