February intake takes place from November 10th, 2018 to February 15th, 2019
Do you dream of working in the most dynamically growing sector of aviation? Did you know that flights classified as general aviation constitute the majority of air traffic in the world, and they are operated by more than 362,000 aircraft? In the United States alone there are only 500 airports which operate according to the regular flight schedule, while more than 5,000 airports provide services for general aviation.
Which of these airport’s development would you like to contribute to?
Choose General Aviation at U.I.T.M.! Thanks to this study you will join the elite group of students, since we are the only university in Poland, Central and Eastern Europe which opens such a course.
General aviation operations are these flights which are not planned in the regular flight schedule. What is more, they do not include holiday charter flights which appear on flight schedules. General Aviation is a market segment related to air operations, such as small aircraft business flights (aircraft which take on board up to 20 passengers mostly from large corporations, clubs, as well as film stars, etc.) but also glider flights, planes carrying sky-divers and pilot training flights.
We have been carrying out research on the development of aviation market in Poland and around the world for many years, with major emphasis placed on the labour market in the sector. We respond to market needs and signals, talk to our business partners, aviation industry staff, as well as our Aviation Management alumni, who already work for various airlines, airports and companies related to the aviation industry. Our graduates are successful. Be one of them!
Why Study General Aviation?
- Unique course - the only one in Poland and one of a few in Europe
- Continuous and rapid development of general aviation in Poland and in the world - potential job vacancies
- Classes taught by experts and practitioners from abroad
- Practical approach –students learn through case studies and work in international teams on joint projects
- Possibility to undergo job placement in companies related to general aviation in Poland and Europe
- Possibility of a year-long study in the UK under the Double Degree programme; bachelor’s degree upon successful completion
- Studies conducted entirely in English
- Education in Economics makes your chances of getting a job in various sectors of the air transport market bigger
- Flexible study mode
- Extracurricular trips
Students of General Aviation are taught the same subjects as Aviation Management students, but also additional subjects scheduled for each semester in the realm of General Aviation.
- Aircraft Financing
- MRO in General Aviation
- Terminal Development for General Aviation
- International and National Regulations in General Aviation
- General Aviation Operations
- General Aviation Business
- Airline Network Management
- Airline Sales and Yield Management
- Aviation Marketing
- Air Navigation and Aircraft Operation
Earn a Prestigious ARCPort Certificate
The certificate is issued by Aviation Research Corporation in Vancouver, Canada. You will get it free of charge after the successful completion of the "Project Air 2" course, which will be run in semester 4. The certificate confirms competence in the use of the ARCPort program - an airport operations simulator - at the intermediate level. The certificate will give you the chance to work in one of more than 80 international airports, which make use of this software on an everyday basis. The commercial price of such a certificate is about $ 4,000.
Studies under the Patronage of Lufthansa
Under the agreement signed with one of the largest airlines in Europe - Lufthansa, you will gain knowledge under the supervision of international experts in aviation.
You will be involved in research conducted for the aviation sector and take part in specialized seminars or conferences. You will establish international contacts which will help you shape your career path.
You will pursue your internship in flight schools in Poland, at renowned international airports providing general aviation services, in Lufthansa Poland, BorgWarner Poland, Pratt & Whitney Rzeszow, and other companies which are part of the Aviation Valley.
You will be prepared to start a career in international air transport, namely in one of its largest sectors – General Aviation. Your education in Economics will allow you to work in HR, as well as in companies conducting financial and economic analyses. You will be prepared to run your own business, too.
Program taught in: