The Economics and Finance program enables students to gain practical experience that would qualify them to become the business leaders in today’s market. The program selects outstanding high school graduates who show interest and commitment to learn about the important aspects of the business world.
The aim of this program is to enable our graduates to excel in the following objectives:
- Understanding the nature of the dynamic business markets.
- Learning about professional ethics and responsibilities.
- Getting hands-on experience with real business cases and problems.
- Having an in-depth knowledge of accounting practices and their impact on the performance of the company.
- Having the practical and professional skills needed to meet the demands of the business industry.
- Developing their critical thinking skills that would distinguish their abilities in facing any business dilemmas.
This program achieved full confidence by QQA.
We make sure that our graduates are ready to work in a very competitive business market in Bahrain. Due to the strong reputation of our university and its academic programs, our graduates usually start working shortly after graduation. According to our records, our graduates were found to work in the following positions:
- A government Economist
- Financial Consultant
- Investment Firms
- Economic Analyst
- Statistical Analyst
- Research Institutions
- Supervisors / Managers
- University Lecturers
- Business Owners
Our graduates also develop entrepreneurial skills, and they are encouraged to start up their own businesses.
- Qualification: Bachelors in Economics & Finance
- Type: Undergraduate
- Duration: 4 years
- Qualification name: Economics & Finance
- College: College of Economics & Fiance
- Language of offering: English
Teaching and Assessment
We pay close attention to the Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) of all of our courses. Our teaching assessment is usually through 50-75 minute lectures that include:
- Seminars and presentations
- Case studies
- Guest speakers
- Representatives from major financial companies
- Group discussions and analytical reasoning
- Educational video clips related to the material being taught
- Creative assignments and quizzes
- After class activities
- Social work engagements
Bachelor's Degree Fees
The estimated duration for completion of a Bachelors Degree at Ahlia University is 4 years. This is structured around 134 credit-hours covering 45 courses.
The duration of study for each course is fifteen weeks, covering approximately 45 study hours.
- Application Fee: BD 20
- Registration Fee: BD 200
- Placement Tests Fee (if applicable): BD 40
- Orientation Courses (if applicable): BD 1200
- First Year Courses – 12 courses (BD 300 Per Course): BD 3,500
- Second Year Courses – 11 courses (BD 330 Per Course): BD 3,630
- Third Year Courses – 11 courses (BD 360 Per Course): BD 3,960
- Fourth Year Courses – 11 courses (BD 390 Per Course): BD 4,290
- Total: BD 16,840
Please note that the fees listed above do not include the cost of textbooks required to complete the program.
Applicants must hold at least a recognized and endorsed secondary school certificate or equivalent.
Applicants must pass the placement tests or submit an international recognized certificate or attain an acceptable score on an internationally recognized examination, in order to be exempted from the orientation program.
To apply to join the University, applicants must fill in the Application form either by attending at the Directorate of Admission and Registration in the University or by filling in the application form online. In all cases, applicants must bring hard copies of all the required application documents to the Directorate of Admission and Registration in order to complete their application process.
When to Apply
The university has a limited number of places available for each academic program; hence to ensure your application is considered you should apply by the relevant deadline:
- August 2019 – deadline for applicants wishing to join in the First Semester of the Academic Year 2019/2020.
- January 2020 – deadline for applicants wishing to join in the Second Semester of the Academic Year 2019/2020.
- May 2020 – deadline for applicants wishing to join in the Summer Session of the Academic Year 2019/2020 (Applications are restricted to transfer students only).
How We Select Students
Applicants are selected from the most promising of the eligible applicants and up to the limits of available space determined by the university. Please note that the requirements for admission stated by the University are in all cases the minimum demanded admission, and their fulfillment by an applicant does not automatically ensure their selection.
Prior to enrolling in University, citizens of non-GCC States should secure residence permits in the Kingdom of Bahrain; otherwise, their admission, granted conditionally, is subject to being rescinded at the discretion of the University.