This programme achieved full confidence by QAAET.
The Computer and Communications Engineering undergraduate programme focuses on computer and communication engineering concepts and applications. The programme provides exposure to diverse cutting-edge technologies spanning computer architecture, microprocessors, embedded systems, digital signal processing, and modern digital and analogue communication systems.
The Computer and Communications Engineering undergraduate programme is under the Computer Engineering Department which has an international qualify staff with a high ranking to provide students with inspiration and quality education in the theory and practice of computer and communication systems. Computer Engineering Department has computer engineering labs equipped with the latest tools and technology to build creativity and innovatively for BSCCE students.
The Computer and Communications Engineering undergraduate programme is lined with the ABET accreditation to provide assurance that our programme meets the quality standards of the profession and give the BSCCE graduates an international accreditation for the national, GCC and the international job market.
Graduates from the department of computer engineering have the opportunity to work as Computer engineer’s, Telecommunication Engineer’s, Communication Networks Engineer’s and other career prospects in such growth areas as Telecommunications and Internet technology, Automotive and Traffic Technology, etc. Besides this, they have the opportunity to be instructors in universities after continuing their higher studies.
- Qualification: Bachelors in Computer and Communication Engineering
- Type: Undergraduate
- Duration: 4 years
- Qualification name: Computer and Communication Engineering
- College: College of Engineering
- Language of offering: English
Teaching and Assessment
- This programme aims at providing the students with knowledge, background, ability and hands-on practice in the area of Computer and Communication Engineering.
- Students are provided with both theoretical and practical knowledge.
- All practical sessions are taught in dedicated computer engineering and telecommunication engineering hardware laboratories while software-based practicals are taught in computer laboratories equipped with modern programming and simulation software ( Matlab/Simulink, Pspice, Java Eclipse, Cisco network Tracer)
- Assessment is through written theoretical exams and in-lab practical exams. Individual or group projects form part of the assessment in the third and fourth-year courses and are evaluated through written and /or oral presentations.
- The first year and a large part of the second year are common to both engineering programmes, the third and fourth years are more programme-specific and include specialisation courses and the final project in addition to four elective courses including the two Cisco professional courses (CCNP-1 and CCNP-2).
- The programme is a four-year full-time Bachelors degree with a total of 134 Credit Hours, these credits include a gradation project.
- The medium of instruction is 100% English
Bachelor's Degree Fees
The estimated duration for completion of a Bachelors Degree at Ahlia University is 4 years. This is structured around 134 credit-hours covering 45 courses.
The duration of study for each course is fifteen weeks, covering approximately 45 study hours.
- Application Fee: BD 20
- Registration Fee: BD 200
- Placement Tests Fee (if applicable): BD 40
- Orientation Courses (if applicable): BD 1200
- First-Year Courses – 12 courses (BD 300 Per Course): BD 3,500
- Second Year Courses – 11 courses (BD 330 Per Course): BD 3,630
- Third Year Courses – 11 courses (BD 360 Per Course): BD 3,960
- Fourth Year Courses – 11 courses (BD 390 Per Course): BD 4,290
- Total: BD 16,840
Please note that the fees listed above do not include the cost of textbooks required to complete the program.
Applicants must hold at least a recognized and endorsed secondary school certificate or equivalent.
Applicants must pass the placement tests or submit an international recognised certificate or attain an acceptable score on an internationally recognised examination, in order to be exempted from the orientation programme.
To apply to join the University, applicants must fill in the Application form either by attending at the Directorate of Admission and Registration in the University or by filling in the application form online. In all cases, applicants must bring hard copies of all the required application documents to the Directorate of Admission and Registration in order to complete their application process.
When to Apply
The university has a limited number of places available for each academic programme; hence to ensure your application is considered you should apply by the relevant deadline:
- August 2019 – deadline for applicants wishing to join in the First Semester of the Academic Year 2019/2020.
- January 2020 – deadline for applicants wishing to join in the Second Semester of the Academic Year 2019/2020.
- May 2020 – deadline for applicants wishing to join in the Summer Session of the Academic Year 2019/2020 (Applications are restricted to transfer students only).
How We Select Students
Applicants are selected from the most promising of the eligible applicants and up to the limits of available space determined by the university. Please note that the requirements for admission stated by the University are in all cases the minimum demanded admission, and their fulfillment by an applicant does not automatically ensure their selection.
Prior to enrolling in University, citizens of non-GCC States should secure residence permits in the Kingdom of Bahrain; otherwise, their admission, granted conditionally, is subject to being rescinded at the discretion of the University.
About the School
At Ahlia University we are proud of our growing reputation as a provider of quality higher education in the Kingdom of Bahrain and the wider Gulf region. The high quality of education at Ahlia Univers ... Read More