Bachelor in Fashion
The experiment is always the starting point for projects on Fashion, and included in virtually all projects and a study of the concept of "the beautiful". There is searched, questioned and challenged in a work far from the media "fashion circus".
Study tours operate primarily as a starting phase for one of the year's projects. As fashion students there are of course more obvious destinations where you could get next season's trends served: Paris, New York, London, Milan. But when we want to educate designers who can chart new directions instead of walking in the footsteps of others, we try to find new places like Zagreb and Istanbul.
The students of Fashion is helping to set the agenda for the professional development. Generally, work is based on three issues, all of which are closely related:
- What shapes us as human today?
- Thoughts on consumption patterns and sustainability
- The visual noise - man in town
Disciplines on Fashion
Here you can find an overview of the disciplines that form the basis for teaching in the subject area Mode.
- History, aesthetics and cognition via studies of textile history, the costume and fashion history.
- Concept and idéudviking design and research methods, the basis for all further work within the profession.
- Forming - from traditional fladbordtilskæring of direct work on the dress form / body for CAD-CAM programs.
- Collection and processing it sytekniske aspect - first studies of historic / classic techniques, partly experimentation and concept development.
- Materials science - here founded understanding of textile materials structure and properties.
- Engine workshop learning - the use and understanding of industrial machines for the production of clothing.
- Influence of material / textile techniques - provides basic insight into textile techniques such as dyeing, printing, knitting and machine embroidery.
- Communication, writing and dissemination of academic research - written exercises and problem formulations.
- Visualization of ideas - the character-related foundations consisting of techniques and methods for sketching, illustration and technical drawing.
- Presentation and documentation - creating whole pictures through styling, photo and layout as well as exhibitions / fashion shows.
- Contact with the outside world - meeting with companies, institutions and colleagues, for example. internships, study tours and participation in competitions in Denmark and abroad.
About the School
We cultivate and value talent and challenge it by teaching our students to reflect on their own process and by teaching them to collaborate by completing tasks related to specific contexts of use, pre ... Read More