A Bachelor's degree is a degree awarded by universities and colleges. In order to earn a bachelor's degree, you must complete the necessary courses that may last three to seven years depending on your institution of enrollment.
The study of performing arts focuses on both the theoretical and practical approaches in the many forms of artistic demonstration, including theater, music and dance. Students can study music either through an academic approach, a technical one, or both.
Portugal, officially the Portuguese Republic, is a country located in Southwestern Europe, on the Iberian Peninsula. Portugal is 900 years old, and even though it has a relatively small area, it played a crucial role in world history. Universidade do Porto is most popular by foreigners which consist of 11% international students.
Top Bachelor Programs in Performing Arts in Portugal 2018
1) To acquire a solid methodological and academic grounding in the area of Musicology;
2) To acquire sensitivity towards the study of Portugal’s musical heritage and the phenomenon of the identity and diversity of musical cultures;
3) To acquire knowledge and an understanding of the various academic areas of musicology, with particular emphasis on the History of Music, Theory, Analysis and Techniques of Composition, and Ethnomusicology;
4) To develop the ability to apply acquired knowledge and solve problems in the above academic areas, thus ensuring autonomous lifelong learning;
5) To demonstrate the ability to collect, select and interpret information acquired from documentary and field research in musicological domains in order to support decisions and critiques;... [-]
This course, which is unique in the national context, aims to address this situation throught a combination of theoretical and practical study which educates practitioners and technicians to reflect on their practice in the light of theatrical tendencies and critical movements and educate dramaturgs and critics to be conscious of the practical constraints and opportunities of theatre work. [+]
BACHELOR | 3 YEARS
This cycle of studies, with and unique profile in the country, offers a quality artistic training to students who intend to pursue professional careers in the theatre as actors, directors, set designers, playwrights, critics and teachers. In the light of an interdisciplinary and intercultural approach, the course offers a variety of performing and academic experiences which prepare students for the professional world and where students work with entertainers in the preparation of performative exercises publicly presented to the local and regional community.... [-]
The university's Music undergraduate course is strongly specialized three areas, namely, Musicology, Music Performance, and Choral Conducting. [+]
BACHELOR | 3 YEAR POST-LABOR
The Bachelor degree in Music provides a highly specialized training in: Instrument, Musicology, and Coral Direction. Mobility and academic exchange in a training framework provided by the institutions of the European University and Higher Education Network are stimulated. In a culture of competitiveness and employability, internationalization and root in community are paradigms of this educational project with an international faculty and a strong performative and investigative component of University nature oriented to the exercise of musical professions and access to the 2nd professional cycle in the education field.... [-]