The objective of this study programme is to prepare a modern specialist in administration of institutions andenterprises for work in business enterprises, state and public institutions, who is able to understand the principles needed to organize business and finance, management systems of state and organizations; who is capable of professionally employing modern information technology while administrating human and materialfinancial...
Best Bachelors in Management Science in Lithuania 2017. Professional Bachelor in Administration of Institutions and Companies
Programme: Administration of Institutions and Companies
Degree awarded: Bachelor's studies (college)
Field of study: Social Sciences
Qualification: Professional Bachelor's degree in Management
Credits (ECTS): 180
Objective(s) of this study programme
To prepare a modern specialist in administration of institutions andenterprises for work in business enterprises, state and public institutions, who is able to understand the principles needed to organize business and finance, management systems of state and organizations; who is capable of professionally employing modern information technology while administrating human and materialfinancial resources; who is able to communicate properly and prepare documentation in an official language and in two foreign languages; to develop personality and professional skills on a regular basis while adapting to continuing changes involved in business and performance areas.
The programme graduate will be able to:
1. Prepare documents, plans, projects, provisions and organize their implementation.
2. Evaluate internal and external flows of information.
3. Organize work process, working hours, protection of information in a decision making.
4. Organize human resources management and accounting, the subdivision’s activities control.
5. Carry out applied researches in an organization.
6. Deal with conflicts and other possible issues.
7. Apply communication and cooperation principles.
8. Apply motivation methods in an organization.
9. Analyze risk factors of the organization’s performance.
10. Coordinate the implementation of a manager‘s agenda.
11. Assist and provide the manager with information related to work.
12. Organize press conferences, visitor reception, negotiations, cooperation with customers in the official language and a foreign language.
13. Develop the image of an organization and administrator, and prepare promotional material.
14. Describe the documents needed to establish an organization, economic and legal aspects.
15. Employ database design, accounting, and information systems application principles.
16. Use office equipment, information and communication technologies.
17. Apply information systems to deal with the specific document management tasks.
Activities of teaching and learning
Lectures, seminars, exercises, discussions, group work, literature analysis, project preparation, individual tasks, etc.
Documents necessary for international student admission procedures shall be submitted to the International Relations Department (hereinafter – the “TRS”). Foreign nationals applying for full-time studies at the KVK shall submit the following documents to the TRS by post:
1. a completed and signed application form;
2. copies of documents certifying the completion of secondary education (these documents shall be submitted with certified translation into the English language);
3. a certified copy of a passport;
4. a photo in the size of 3 cm x 4 cm;
5. a curriculum vitae
and a letter of motivation;
6. a receipt supporting the payment of a non-refundable application fee;
7. a document certifying the level of proficiency in English (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.). If the applicant does not have such document, the level of proficiency in English will be established remotely by a KVK employee;
8. an academic recognition document issued by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (hereinafter – the “SKVC”);
9. a valid health insurance certificate.
International students' admission shall be organised by the Admission Committee of KVK. After receiving all the documents listed, the TRS shall mail the applicant an Unconditional Offer Letter and the Study Agreement for signing. If the TRS receives incomplete documents, the TRS shall mail the applicant a Conditional Offer Letter, indicating conditions for further admission procedures. The applicant shall sign the documents and return one copy to the KVK. The applicant shall pay the tuition fee approved by the Council of KVK for studies at the KVK. The payment procedure shall be defined by the Study Agreement between the Student and the KVK.
After the applicant pays the tuition fee for one year and procedural fees and sends copies of the respective money orders to the TRS, the applicant shall be admitted to the KVK and the admission shall be executed by the order of the Director. After receiving a document supporting the payment of the tuition fee and procedural fees, the TRS shall mail the student mediation documents required for visa (if required): a request for confirmation of the invitation, a copy of a passport, address of the place of residence, a document supporting the payment of the state fee for invitation. After receiving the visa (if required), the student shall come to the KVK one week before the Adaptation Week organised by the TRS and the responsible department.