Erskine College maintains an engineering dual degree program with Clemson University. This program offers a robust Christian liberal arts foundation coupled with a significant level of technical specialization. Students in this program typically complete three years at Erskine and two to three years at Clemson, earning a bachelor of science degree in engineering from Clemson and a bachelor of arts degree in biology, chemistry, mathematics, or physics from Erskine.
Engineering Dual Education with Erskine College
Dual Education programs allow students to begin their academic career by pursuing a Bachelor’s degree at a partner institution while preparing for an Engineering degree from Clemson University. Students enroll in a prearranged three-year liberal-arts or science program consisting of at least 90 hours of course credit prior to transferring to Clemson. During this time, they supplement their program with courses required for the BS degree in Engineering.
After three years, successful students may transfer to Clemson to complete the degree requirements for one of Clemson’s 10 Engineering Bachelor’s degrees. Upon completion of the Engineering degree at Clemson, students are awarded a BS degree in their Engineering major from Clemson, and a BA or BS degree from Erskine College.
Clemson Engineering Degrees
- Biosystems Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
You are on your way to becoming an Erskine student
- Apply for admission to Erskine College. There is a $25.00 Application Fee.
- For students eligible for US government aid, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov as soon as possible after October 1. Erskine’s Federal School Code is 003432. One parent and the student will also need to apply for an FSA ID to allow you to sign the FAFSA electronically online at fsaid.ed.gov.
- Please select the option below that best fits you.
First-time freshman applicants who have not acquired more than 24 credit hours at a college or university.
Application Checklist for first-time Freshmen:
- Apply Now
- Official high school transcript (completed junior year/showing senior classes)
- Official ACT or SAT or CLT* scores
As soon as your application package is complete, we will make an admission decision on a rolling basis. Once admitted, you simply submit an enrollment fee to reserve a place in the incoming class. Enrollment fees are accepted only while space is still available for the class.
*Erskine College is accepting the Classical Learning Test (CLT) as one of our options for the required standardized test score needed for Freshmen admission starting in September of 2017.
High School graduates who have enrolled at a college or university and have (or will have) 24 credit hours accrued upon enrolling at Erskine.
Application Checklist for Transfer Students:
- Apply Now
- Official college transcripts from all institutions attended
** The following items are required only if you have below a 2.0 GPA in college or have completed less than 24 hours of college work. **
- Official high school transcript
- Official ACT or SAT scores
- As soon as your application package is complete, we will make an admission decision on a rolling basis.
Once admitted, you simply submit an enrollment fee to reserve a place in the incoming class. Enrollment fees are accepted only while space is still available for the class.
Students who are not U.S. Citizens.
- Must submit the SAT.
- TOEFL– English proficiency is required when a student’s native language is not English. Recommended TOEFL score: 70 iBT (internet-based test).
- Submission of transcript (must be translated into a U.S. 4.0 grading scale and should go through IEE (foreigntranscripts.com), WES (wes.org) or ECE (ece.org). If using WES, please use the WES ICAP evaluation. If using ECE, please use the Course by Course evaluation. This will allow us to receive the transcript evaluation and the student’s official transcript. We will need both documents to proceed with admission.
About the School
As one of the oldest and most prestigious church-related liberal arts college in the South, Erskine prizes academic rigor and Christian authenticity. Our graduates lead companies, influence profession ... Read More