Faculty with the 18.000-meter square area and equipped with the widest animal hospital in South East Asia. Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of IPB University (FKH-IPB) supporting undergraduate, professional, postgraduate, and continuing education programs in various branches of veterinary medicine. The curriculum of undergraduate and profession using a curriculum based on competency that arranged and set nationally by FKH Indonesia and Indonesia Veterinary Association (PDHI). The curriculum of FKH IPB also designed corresponding to National Competency Framework Indonesia fulfilling the appropriateness for FKH IPB graduate to work and continuing study abroad.
Employment for veterinary medicine graduates and veterinary is very diverse. This employment will broaden along with economic growth and the lifestyle advancement of society. Currently FKH IPB graduate worked in several fields, among them:
- Veterinary practice, whether in a big city or rural as Independent Veterinary.
- Researcher, consultant, and lecturer in various government institutions and private.
- Civil Government Employees, in various government institutions, whether in central or local.
- Private enterprises, especially in livestock production that related to livestock products process, and food and beverage companies.
- Entrepreneur in livestock agribusiness, that related to input production industries, and products in various livestock commodities.
- Police and Army.
- Non-Government Organization (NGO) that related to profession and social empowerment.
The Faculty Campus
The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Campus is located in Bogor City. The closest train station is Bogor Station. With easy access to neighboring cities, the campus is just 60 minutes from Jakarta on the commuter line, making it convenient for students to commute from out of town. The rich natural surrounding provides students an ideal environment to study.
To be an excellent higher education institution related to the development of science, technology, and human resources in the area of veterinary medical sciences and biomedicine in the levels of regional and international.
- To conduct veterinary medical and biomedical education to meet the current and future needs.
- To support sustainable livestock development through the area of the animal, human, and environmental health.
- To increase the standard of living of the society through the improvement of animal health and livestock.
National Competency Test Average Score
The highest average score in the National Competency Test of all Faculty of Veterinary Medicine graduates (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Drh) in Indonesia since 2012. The pass rate for graduates reached 100% in 2016.
The other facilities support the FVM IPB include fourth-floor building in the area of 18,000 m2, Reproductive Rehabilitation Unit (URR), Vaccine and Biology Material Production Unit, Animal Laboratory and Research Unit (UPHL), Meat Assurance Unit, Integrated Laboratory Unit. Additional facilities are the library, café, alumni store, student cyber (computing unit), and center for student activity. These provide a conducive atmosphere in supporting the education process.
The integrated laboratory has equipment/ facilities that support the microbiology research to the molecular level that can be utilized by the Undergraduate and Graduate students.
Facilities in the Integrated Laboratory include freeze-dry, ultracentrifuge, spectrophotometers, deep freezer, electrophoresis, SDS-page, FPLC, PCR, transilluminator, ELISA reader and Instron Warner-Brätzler Shear can be used optimally for research activities.
Services provided by the Integrated Laboratory
- Bacteriological examination: TPC, coliform, etc
- Serological examination: HI AI, HI ND, ELISA IB, ELISA IBD
- Isolation and Identification of virus
- Molecular examination using PCR and real-time PCR
- Specific antibody production
12019 / Pixabay
Three Departments of The Faculty
Since 2005, FVM IPB has three departments, i.e., Department of Anatomy Physiology and Pharmacology (AFF), Department of Animal Diseases and Veterinary Public Health (IPHK), and Department of Clinic, Reproduction and Pathology (KRP).
Department of Anatomy Physiology and Pharmacology
To become a leading department in the development of science and technology in the field of veterinary anatomy, histology, and embryology, physiology, pharmacology, and toxicology.
Department of Anatomy Physiology and Pharmacology is divided into three divisions:
- Division of Anatomy Histology
- Division of Physiology
- Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Department of Clinic Reproduction and Pathology
To become a leading department in the development of science and technology in the field of clinical diagnostics, internal medicine, veterinary surgery, radiology, animal reproduction, and pathology. Department of Clinic Reproduction and Pathology is divided into three divisions:
- Division of Internal Medicine Subdivision of Pharmacy
- Division of Surgery and Radiology
- Division of Reproduction and Obstetric 4. Division of Pathology
Department of Animal Diseases and Veterinary Public Health
To become a leading department in the development of science and technology in the field of microbiology, parasitology, immunology, epidemiology and veterinary public health (food hygiene of animal origin, sanitary and zoonoses) in the interests of animal disease control, improvement of the quality of animal health, the environment, and society.
Department of Animal Diseases and Veterinary Public Health is divided into three divisions:
- Division of Veterinary Public Health
- Division of Medical Microbiology
- Division of Parasitology & Entomology
Undergraduate and Veterinary Profession Education Program
The program in FVM IPB is divided into two programs, i.e. Undergraduate Programme (8 semesters, 158 credits) with the degree ‘Bachelor of Veterinary Science’ (Sarjana Kedokteran Hewan) and Veterinary Profession Education Programme (18 months, 37 credits) with the degree ‘Doctor of Veterinary Medicine’ (Dokter Hewan). The program is implemented through the curriculum: preclinical, paraclinical, and clinical subjects. Through this method, the students will be aware that the science and technology in veterinary medicine is always developed.
The curriculum is delivered in both methods, i.e. tutorial class and student-centered learning. Most of the subjects in the undergraduate program are delivered in tutorial class, however, the practical works, field works, and clinical subjects are delivered using the student-centered learning method. On the other hand, all subjects in the veterinary profession education program are delivered using student-centered learning, to stimulate them to be long-life learners.
There are four student clubs with specific interests (pet and aquatic animals, poultry, ruminant, and wildlife) in FVM IPB, which facilitate the students with training and expose them to each specific veterinary field. The FVM IPB provides also a regular continuing education program for veterinarians.
About the School
IPB University is a higher education institution that produces innovations with a nationally and internationally acknowledged quality. For ten years straight (2008-2018), IPB has the most innovation c ... Read More