This undergraduate program attracts students with an individual vision of what they would like to pursue. With an advisor’s assistance, junior-level students can pair two minors to create a unique synergy.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of University Studies?
Are you fascinated by two different subjects but don't want to major in either of them? Have you earned a substantial amount of credit already? Do you know what your future career will be and want an education tailored to your specific needs? If you have 60 or more units of earned college-level coursework and obtain the recommendation of an advisor, you can complete a degree that provides the flexibility to change direction and build upon prior educational experiences in multiple disciplines. This degree will provide you with rigorous study in two areas - you will complete two minors - and focused preparation for your career path.
Note: If you want to major in University Studies, you must have 60 units of university coursework successfully completed or in progress. You must also apply through the Gateway Student Success Center to be accepted into the program.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Entrepreneurship (several BUS students run their own businesses)
- Teach English abroad (ESL)
- US Forest Service
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Physical therapy
- Medical Technician
- Nursing School
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 8, 2018