Registration Certificate No 2001/HE08/006; NQF 7; SAQA ID: 57225. (376 CREDITS)
This programme enables graduates to work in a wide variety of community development projects (e.g. government, NGO, churches). We aim to produce community workers who approach their task from deep Christian convictions and acquire the sociological knowledge, tools and skills that development studies can provide.
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a bachelor’s pass or equivalent;
- A Matriculation Certificate (with university exemption) or equivalent;
- A Higher Certificate or an Advanced Certificate or Diploma in a cognate field.
Alternative Admission Requirements
- A National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with a diploma pass (or equivalent) combined with the results of the NBT;
- Mature age of 23 and over during the first year of studies and a National Senior Certificate (or equivalent);
- The conditions of the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Policy for Access and the results of the NBT are determining factors for admission. Contact the admissions office regarding RPL;
- Mature age of 45 years can be admitted, determined by the RPL conditions and the results of the NBT.
- Minimum three years;
- Maximum six years part-time;
- On campus and online;
- January and July intakes.
About the School
Cornerstone is an independent, not-for-profit higher education institution engaged in teaching and learning in service of others, to advance human dignity and social justice for all.