Mechanical Engineering is the broadest of the engineering disciplines that are generally concerned with understanding forces and motion, and their application to solving problems of interest to society. The field includes aspects of thermodynamics, fluid and solid mechanics, mechanisms, materials, and energy conversion and transfer. This field also emphasizes the process of formulation, design, optimization, manufacture, and control of new systems and devices.
The mechanical engineering curriculum at Manipal Dubai provides students the opportunity to learn how to think creatively and logically, and how to use new-found knowledge to address complex problems.
- Advanced Curriculum with the option of minor specializations in the field of Thermal Engineering, Machine Design, Manufacturing, and Business Management.
- Options for various program and open electives.
- Experienced and qualified faculty with teaching and industry experience.
- Well-equipped laboratories (Automobile, Automation, Machine Shop, Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Thermal Engineering, Material Science, Engineering workshop, CAD/CAM, etc.)
- State of the Art Automobile Lab with the collaboration of NISAAN Arabian Automobile.
- Advanced Software packages like CATIA, AutoCAD, ANSYS, MATLAB, Lab View.
- Learning through Industry visits, Projects, and hands-on workshops.
- Extensive Internship program and exposure of Industrial projects.
- Opportunity to be a part of various professional societies like American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, (ASHRAE).
- Semester abroad option at MIT, Manipal and other partner Universities.
- Faculty Mentor Program to support student learning and career planning.
- Strong CDC
- Strong Alumni Network
This Program offers the following minor specializations
- Machine Design
- Thermal Engineering
- Business Management.
Mechanical engineers can choose a career in various fields including automotive, aerospace, materials processing, and development, power production, consumer products, robotics and automation, manufacturing and instrumentation. Mechanical engineering can also be the starting point for careers in bioengineering, environmental and aeronautical engineering, finance, and business management.
- Pass 10+2, A Level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics, and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or any technical vocational subjects as optional with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Adequate proficiency in English is a must for all programs.
Program taught in: