The undergraduate program in Statistics at UAE introduces the fundamentals of probability and statistical inference (estimation and hypothesis testing) which cover design of experiments, sampling techniques, and regression and time series analysis. Two distinctive features of the program are the emphasis of business applications (e.g., forecasting financial and economic indicators, marketing surveys, audit sampling, decision making, quality control, etc.), and the reinforcement of lecture materials by closely integrated computer packages using real (local, where available) databases.
- Effective communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills to the analysis and solution of statistics problems.
- Positive contribution to teams, as members and leaders.
- Ethical and social awareness at the local and global levels.
- In-depth knowledge of Statistics.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively orally statistical results and their interpretation to non-specialized audiences.
- Communicate in writing statistical results and their interpretation clearly and concisely using different formats and media.
- Integrate statistical and computing skills to develop comprehensive solutions to problems in their field of work.
- Research, critically evaluate and interpret information in identifying and formulating problems that can be solved using statistical techniques.
- Demonstrate autonomy and responsibility in their work.
- Apply teamwork skills and creativity in leadership and direction, appropriate to the context and level at which they are operating.
- Demonstrate ethical reasoning in relation to statistical issues.
- Develop an awareness of the civic responsibilities of the statistics discipline.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of key concepts and methodologies in statistics.
- Identify the limitation and assumptions underlying statistical techniques and critically assess the validity of reported results.
- Demonstrate an understanding of allied knowledge and theories in related fields of work or disciplines.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More