The Information and Communication Technology Engineering Programme is a 3½-year full-degree programme taught in English. It is the education of the future, providing students with the skills and knowledge required to manage information systems in companies of today and of tomorrow. This programme will give you knowledge of information technology, microprocessors, and web technologies, as well as the way companies today, work with IT. The programme takes place at Campus Horsens.
Content and Structure
The programme combines theory and practice through project work and business cases. It spans seven semesters and consists of core modules as well as electives. Each semester will be completed with a thematic semester project. The programme consists of two main branches: programming and electronics. The 4th semester includes a course in Real-Time Java combining these two subjects.
During the 5th semester of this programme, you have the opportunity to gain practical experience through a work placement period, which involves working for an international company in Denmark or abroad.
On the 6th semester, you will choose a specialization while the final 7th semester will focus on the Bachelor project.
The flexibility of the programme and the variety of electives allow you to create your own individual profile.
On the third semester, you begin on one of the following specializations:
- Business Information Systems
- Cross Media
- Embedded Engineering
Business Information Systems
The specialization in Business Information Systems focuses on the development of IT-based enterprise solutions for production, sales and marketing management, etc., using leading-edge technologies such as Java™. NET, C#, Oracle™, MSSQL, etc. Also, the specialization deals with data mining, data analytics and data visualization techniques, Big Data and master data management, as well as business intelligence, data warehousing, relational database management systems, database internals and tuning. The specialization also covers traditional ICT topics such computer science, programming, algorithms and artificial intelligence.
The cross-media specialization merges the technical skills of traditional ICT topics such as computer science and programming with communication across multiple platforms including, but not limited to, mobile applications, games, and web. The specialization introduces Unity programming used for developing games. The specialization will also cover the vastly expanding field of mobile application, teaching students how to develop and programme mobile apps. Also, the specialization will introduce professional digital media tools used in creating websites as well as concepts and techniques for developing user-centered websites. Finally, the specialization will also cover the principles of different media types, describing their digitization and progressing onto issues that arise when media are combined, as well as Computer Graphics, Design Principles for multimedia, Video, Animation and Sound, and XML and Multimedia.
Embedded Engineering with focus on Real-time programming and interfacing with electronics. The Embedded Engineering specialization contains Computer Science, Programming, Basic Electronics, Real-time Computing and Interfacing with electronics. You will receive special qualifications to develop and program electronic devices with built-in intelligence. The specialization covers information technology as well as disciplines such as electrical engineering, automatic control engineering, advanced mechanics, and dynamics. The main emphasis is on the integration of IT and mechanical solutions.
Requirements for International Students:
- Upper Secondary School Examination Certificates and diplomas from at least 12 years of combined primary and secondary school education (please also send a copy of transcript of records translated into English)
- The International and the European Baccalaureates
- The above certificates must provide evidence of mathematics at high advanced level A, physics and English corresponding to a Danish B-level (intermediate level with minimum of 2 years at upper secondary level)
- An upper secondary school diploma supplemented with at least two years of university studies in relevant subjects; a bachelor’s degree is recommended from universities in Africa countries, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, China and the Philippines
- Documentation of your current English language level. We accept the TOEFL test, the TOEIC test, the IELTS test or the Cambridge ESOL test.
- You may also choose to take the VIA University College English Language Assessment Test (VIAT/e).
Applicants who are native speakers or have proof of secondary school education from the UK, Australia, the USA, Canada and New Zealand are exempt from the English language admission requirements.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 10, 2018