The Programme aims to equip graduates with a solid background in psychological knowledge and research, enabling them to competently integrate the science and application of psychology. Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of major principles/theories of psychology;
- apply major psychological principles/theories to analyze human behaviours in real life situations;
- evaluate major psychological principles/theories in relation to real life issues in various applied settings;
- evaluate research evidence using scientific principles; and
- design and carry out psychological research.
To promote whole person development, the programme constitutes a total learning experience for all students incorporating Major Courses, Electives, General Education and Language courses to prepare our graduates to be able to apply psychological knowledge in various job settings.
Note: Classes will be held in Tai Po Campus and Tseung Kwan O Study Centre / Kowloon Tong Satellite Study Centre / Sports Centre as decided by the University.
Career Prospects/Professional Qualifications
Graduates of BSocSc (Honours) in Psychology are eligible to apply for membership in the Hong Kong Psychological Society as well as international psychological associations. This programme thus helps to develop the University's reputation as a provider of Education Plus programmes by offering a qualification which is professionally and internationally recognized.