The program reflects the growing importance of transport and logistics management within the world of business. It has been designed with the aid of business educators and industry leaders, and in line with major expansions and developments of transport infrastructure in the country: sea, road, rail, and air.
The program will expose students to modern thinking, methods, and practices in supply chain and logistics operations management and provide them with knowledge and skills in economics, finances, management and other issues associated with transportation systems of the Middle-East region as well as the world.
- Degree endorsed by the University of Missouri, St. Louis (USA).
- Curriculum designed with input from local industry experts.
- Placement on a 3-month internship.
- Strong industry links, workplace, and off-site field trips.
- International faculty.
This specialized and career-oriented program will allow graduates to be employed by domestic companies, governmental institutions or international corporations - providers of logistics and distribution services for manufacturing, retailing, public transportation, as well as for airports, airlines, ports, armed forces and many more.
Graduates of this program can assist employers in:
- Coordination of internal and cross-plant supply and logistics chains
- Design and implementation of logistics and transport systems
- Calculation of logistic, transport and traffic services for national and international projects
- Carrying out stock and inventory measures
- Optimization of the overall flow of goods, services, and information to satisfy the customer and business goals
- Recognized General Education Diploma or its equivalent.
- English proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL-iBT 65.
Applicants who do not have official IELTS or TOEFL scores are required to take MCBS English Placement Test. Based on the scores obtained in this test, students are allowed to begin their credit courses or register in the foundation program.
Duration: any Bachelor degree requires about 8 semesters or 4 years
Total credits: 120
Program delivery: 12-15 credits per normal semester and 6 credits per summer semester
Internship: placement on a 3-month internship
Courses: apart from courses closely related to the Program subject matter, students take general education courses (63 credits):
- Communication skills: 12 credits
- Humanities: 9 credits
- Social Science: 9 credits
- Math/Computer skills: 9 credits
- Natural Science: 3 credits
- General Business requirements: 21 credits
"The Bachelor degree program in Transport and Logistics Management is a highly professional and job-oriented program, designed to ground the students in the science and practice of a range of business functions and activities related to logistics, supply chain, transportation, operations management, and strategic decision making".
Dr. Anna Stalinska, Dept. of Business and Economics at MCBS
About the School
The Modern College of Business and Science (MCBS) in the Sultanate of Oman is a private College licensed by the Ministry of Higher Education and established in 1996. In 2004, MCBS sought institution a ... Read More