Bachelor of Science in Technology Management
The main objectives of the program are to provide graduates with:
- a thorough understanding of fundamental principles of engineering and technology and of the management of technical enterprises;
- knowledge of current technical and managerial practice;
- ability to solve problems. The ability to view engineering in a wide context and include an appreciation of the social, environmental, financial and commercial implications, and professional ethics;
- the abilities to follow new developments in technology and management (e.g. by consulting journals and learned periodicals) and to independently assimilate and apply these technological developments in the solution of technology problem;
- ability to communicate effectively with professionals and non-professionals in both the technology management arenas;
- detailed knowledge of the techniques of administration and management;
- abilities to make a realistic appraisal of the student’s own potential, and in particular, to think independently, creatively and in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner.
Area of specialization
Students can choose their specialized subjects in 3 fields of study:
- Information Technology
- Energy Technology
- Engineering ManagementAsian University
The program comprises an interrelated set of ‘subjects’, each carrying a designated Credit value. The program subjects are arranged in a progressive sequence through four years. Students must study a total of 144 credits in the whole program. Each credit unit equates to one hour per semester week of lectures for fifteen weeks or two hours per semester week of laboratory activity for fifteen weeks.
Students must satisfy the following general entrance requirements before being admitted to the Asian Uni- versity of Science and Technology. At the time of admissions, the student must possess:
- M.6 Certificate (Grade 12) or its equivalent (5 ‘O’ levels with an average of C or better);
- good physical and mental health and be without any communicable diseases;
- clear record of good behavior;
- working knowledge of English.
Last updated February 8, 2018