Full Sail University
If you’re dreaming of pursuing a career in recording, you’re in good company. Full Sail began as a recording school back in 1979, and in the years since, has built extensively upon its foundational curriculum.
From live music production to audio postproduction for film, television, and video games, you’ll cover a wide array of procedures and applications – all while working with the same gear found in professional studios.
- Critical Listening - This course focuses on developing critical-listening skills from an engineering perspective and presents students with recorded music from studio sessions, live concert material, and audio postproduction mixes as the subject of analysis.
- Audio Postproduction ‐ This course provides students with an overview of production sound and audio postproduction sound design for film and television.
- Mixing Techniques - This course explores the use of audio processors and mixers to shape high-quality mixes, building on the students’ gear knowledge and listening skills.
Creative Minds Scholarship
Before You Apply
The first step is to talk to an admission representative about your plans, what program you're considering, and when you'd like to begin school.
Here are a few ways Full Sail University's admissions process is different:
- No traditional application deadlines: Classes begin monthly for most programs, so you can apply anytime and start on the date that works best for you.
- Program design and course order: You do not need to sign up for specific classes every semester – all of our programs have a predetermined program design and course order.
- Acceleration: Full Sail's undergraduate programs are taken on an accelerated schedule and can be completed in as little as 20 months.
How to Apply
If you've spoken to an admissions representative and completed your interview, and you're ready to begin the application process, there are several items you'll need to have ready:
- Government-Issued photo identification such as a driver's license, passport, or state-issued ID card.
- Verification of English proficiency if English is not your primary language (all required documentation that is not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation).
Once you have these items, you're ready to begin the online application. Completing your application will take 30-45 minutes, and you can save your application if you run out of time or need to gather additional information.
After You've Applied
- If you haven't already completed your admissions interview, that will be your next step. An admissions representative will reach out to schedule an interview at a convenient time for you.
- If you have completed your interview, your enrollment guide will reach out to finalize your application and gather additional information.
You will also receive an email that gives you access to our Launch Portal, where you'll be able to submit documentation and complete the final steps for enrollment.
Enrollment Options for Campus Degrees
Our accelerated degree programs let you graduate quicker than at a traditional four-year university. They're designed to help you experience a typical entertainment industry schedule and put your degree to work faster. These 20-month programs typically include two classes per month plus a career module, totaling around 35 hours per week of classes.
About the School
Full Sail is dedicated to helping creative students follow their dreams in the entertainment and media industry. Whether they are passionate about music, art and design, web and technology, filmmaking ... Read More