The Bachelor in Real Estate Valuation and Development is the first and also the only undergraduate program in the field of real estate in Cyprus and Greece. The curriculum combines academic knowledge with practical experience in order to provide students with the required theoretical knowledge and skills for a successful career. The aim of the program in Real Estate Valuation and Development is to create highly qualified professionals who will be able to play a leading role in the Real Estate industry, one of the most important sectors of the economy not only in Cyprus but also across the globe. Upon completion of the program in Real Estate Valuation and Development, graduates will have acquired:
- Excellent knowledge of both the traditional and modern valuation methods. Each method is examined from both the theoretical and the practical perspective as it relates to the Cyprus real estate market. Students become also very well acquainted with International Valuation Standards (with emphasis on the Standards developed by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and how they apply to the local market).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the theoretical framework and methods that are used internationally for analyzing scientifically local and national real estate markets, real estate portfolios and individual real estate investments.
- Full understanding of the legal framework and particular laws that apply to real estate ownership and transactions in Cyprus.
- The basic technical knowledge for estimating the cost, evaluating, operating and managing a real estate development.
- All those analytical skills and critical thinking that are necessary qualifications for professional advancement.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the rules for professional conduct and sensitivity to the needs of society.
"The real estate sector is one of the key sectors of the economy not only in Cyprus but also internationally. Economic globalization and the increasing volatility of the local and international economic environment require the use of human resources that have specialized training in this multifaceted field. The Programme in Real Estate Valuation and Development at the Neapolis University offers excellent training in all aspects of the real estate sector and allows the graduates of the program to pursue career opportunities in a wide range of companies and public organizations." Petros Sivitanides Real Estate Programme Coordinator.
“Regardless of the economic situation, the real estate sector is at the heart of the buying and investment interest and according to many experts, the real estate development is the key pillar for the exit from the current recession. The Programme in Real Estate Valuation and Development gives students the opportunity to enter this unique area of real estate that provides excellent working conditions and favorable remuneration.” Thomas Demopoulos MRICS Lecturer in Real Estate
The Bachelor in Real Estate Valuation and Development comprises 240 credits, which are offered in eight semesters.
- First-year: The first year curriculum includes introductory courses in various disciplines directly related to Real Estate, such as Economics, Finance, Accounting, Construction, Mathematics, and Statistics.
- Second-year: The second year of study includes some additional introductory courses in Statistics, Finance and Business Administration, as well as some other courses that are directly related to the property market, such as Land Development Planning, Real Estate Law, Urban and Regional Economics, Real Estate Economics, and Introduction to the Theory and Practice of Valuation.
- Third-year: The courses in the third year focus on various aspects of property valuation, such as Residential Property Valuation, Commercial Property Valuation, Statutory Valuations, Building Pathology, and Construction Economics.
- Fourth-year: In the fourth year students study the various aspects and stages of the land development process, including investment, environmental, and management aspects, both during the construction of the project and after its completion. In addition, students must complete a dissertation, which gives them the opportunity to develop their research skills and carry out an in-depth study of a topic of their choice.
The program in Real Estate Valuation and Development is approved by the Cyprus Technical Chamber and provides full professional certification in the field of Real Estate Valuation. The graduates are also entitled to take the exam organized by the Cyprus Real Estate Agents Registration Council (after acquiring the minimum practical experience required by the Council) in order to become licensed real estate agents.
Besides being able to work in the valuation profession, the graduates of the Bachelor in Real Estate Valuation and Development will have all the required qualifications to pursue positions in a wide range of companies that are active in the Real Estate sectors such as real estate agencies, real estate development companies, business consultancy firms, investment advisory companies, property management companies, banks (in real estate financing departments) and many other similar organizations. They will be also able to pursue positions in the public sector and particularly in the land registry, public works departments, city planning departments, and local government offices.
Year: 1 Semester: 1
- ECON101 Principles of Microeconomics
- PEPS101 Computer Skills
- PEPS100 Language & Communication
- MATH100 Mathematical Methods
- REAL100 Principles of Real Estate
- CONS101 Construction Technology I
Year: 1 Semester: 2
- ECON102 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ACCN100 Financial Accounting
- STAT103 Introduction to Statistics
- PEPS100 Language & Communication
- CONS103 Construction Graphics & CAD
- CONS102 Construction Technology II
Year: 2 Semester: 3
- REAL202 Land Planning & Environmental Design
- BUSN202 Managerial Economics
- STAT201 Real Estate Law
- REAL200 Urban and Regional Economics
- BUSN100 Introduction to Business
Year: 2 Semester: 4
- BUSN204 Principles of Marketing
- REAL302 Theory and Practice of Real Estate Valuation
- REAL203 Statistics II
- REAL300 Real Estate Economics
- CONS405 Project Scheduling & Control
Year: 3 Semester: 5
- FINA200 Financial Theory
- REAL304 Residential Property Analysis and Valuation
- REAL306 Statutory Valuation
- ARCHT06 Building Services
- CONS302 Construction Economics
Year: 3 Semester: 6
- CONS201 Building Pathology
- REAL303GIS Principles and Applications in Real Estate
- FINA301 Corporate Finance
- REAL305 Income Property Analysis and Valuation
- ARCHBT103 Building Technology: Structural Systems II
Year: 4 Semester: 7
- REAL400 Real Estate Development
- REAL401 Real Estate Investment: International and Domestic
- REAL402 Facilities/Property Management
- REAL404 Sustainability and Environmental
- Issues in Real Estate Development
- REAS401 Dissertation
Year: 4 Semester: 8
- REAL403 Real Estate Development Practice
- BUSN412 Research Methods
- CONS406 Construction Management
- PEPS401 Dissertation
About the School
Neapolis University in Cyprus is a young yet dynamic, fast-growing university operating since 2010 in the heart of the charming town of Pafos, on the west coast of the island of Cyprus, offering under ... Read More