Bachelor of Science in Pre-Law/History
The American Bar Association emphasizes that there is no preferred major or recommended curriculum for those preparing for law school. Individuals interested in going to law school may feel comfortable following most programs of study in conjunction with advising through Chowan’s pre-law advisory program. This program is not a major, but a means of assisting students in meeting the requirements to get into law school, regardless of their undergraduate major.
Students enrolling in the Pre-Law Advisory Program will follow a specialized track of study which will include courses in:
- The United States Constitutional History
- American Judicial System
- American Politics
- Business Law
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Procedures
- Students interested in pursuing a legal career should contact the Pre-Law Coordinator early in their studies. The Pre-Law Coordinator will provide students with:
- Individualized attention in choosing a program of study throughout their college career, frequently reviewing their progress;
- Up-to-date information about law school admission; and
- Information about the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) and advice about preparation for it.
Students are prepared for immediate employment right out of school or for entering notable law school programs around the country.
By linking the best of both worlds, Chowan University’s Department of Criminal Justice and Department of History are able to collectively provide Pre-Law students with a proven track for success.
About the School
Chowan University was founded in 1848. For over 165 years, Chowan has enjoyed a long and distinguished tradition of faith and education in Northeastern NC. Our mission is to provide a caring environm ... Read More