The objective of this programme is that of developing professional engineers who are both academically prepared and practically trained to satisfy the requirements of local industry with a special focus on power generation and renewable energy systems.
Moreover, these graduates will be suitably prepared to embark on careers or further their studies. The need to have qualified engineers who approach this technology in a professional and efficient way is heavily requested by all the major stakeholders. The modules in this degree course will give candidates a grasp of both the traditional and modern technologies as well as the support systems that would be required.
The purpose of assessment is to ensure that effective learning of the content has taken place. For each unit delivered students will be assigned a mixture of home-based and time-constrained assignment in class. At the end of the course, students will also present their thesis.
Core Study Units
- Traditional Power Generation and Renewables
- Renewable Energy Sources 1
- Renewable Energy Sources 2
- Installation of Renewable Energy Sources
- Power Electronics
- Energy Efficient Constructions
- IT and Networking Fundamentals
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Interpret power consumption trends and evaluate renewable energy generation options for specific scenarios
- Specify, install and maintain power generation equipment and renewable energy systems
- Manage projects involving the installation and maintenance of renewable energy systems
- Contribute to the development of research projects in the field of power generation and renewable energy sources.
- Electrical engineer
- Design engineer
- Project engineer