The Department of Physics offers a rich and comprehensive program of study leading to a B.Sc. degree in Physics. The B.Sc. Physics students have an option to choose from two separate tracks, namely General Physics and Space Sciences, after taking a set of mandatory Physics courses. The General Physics track is offered as a standard Physics track, and the Space Sciences track focuses specifically on space-related Physics themes. The program aims at training and graduating specialists in physics to meet the workforce needs in key areas of national interest. The program offers a well-designed and updated physics curriculum enabling the graduates to participate effectively in their workplace or continue their postgraduate studies and conduct research. Physics students are required to take additional courses in mathematics, science, general education, and information technology to further develop their knowledge, background, and skills.
- To establish themselves as effective professionals and experts in terms of teamwork, communication, problem-solving, creativity, and profession-ethics.
- To continue their professional development by obtaining advanced degrees and developing life-long learning skills and abilities.
- To be engaged in and apply their expertise to vital societal issues such as sustainability and environmental protection, occupational health and safety, resource management, and education and business consulting and leadership.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify, formulate and solve scientific problems by applying knowledge of physics and mathematics.
- Develop and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data to draw conclusions
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired specifications in computational and experimental physics.
- Communicate effectively in written and oral forms with a range of audiences.
- Recognize professional and ethical responsibilities and the impact of physics solutions on global energy and environmental concerns.
- Work effectively on teams to accomplish common goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, and analyze risk and uncertainty.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More