Petroleum engineering refers to the subsurface engineering activities related to the production of hydrocarbons, which can be either crude oil or gas. Petroleum Engineering focuses on maximizing economic recovery of hydrocarbons from subsurface reservoirs and estimation the recoverable volume of this resource using a detailed understanding of the physical behavior of oil, water and gas within porous rock at very high pressure. Petroleum Engineering requires a good knowledge of many other related disciplines, such as Geology, Petrophysics, Geophysics, and Petroleum Geology. Improvements in computer modeling, materials and the application of statistics, probability analysis have drastically improved the toolbox of the petroleum engineer in recent decades. The Petroleum Engineering undergraduate program in the College of Engineering at the United Arab Emirates University is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Have successful careers in various fields related to petroleum engineering and have leadership roles in industry/organizations.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, commitment to ethical and social responsibility, and desire for life-long learning.
- Demonstrate innovative solutions for the petroleum industry through creative thinking.
- Pursue advanced degrees and careers in engineering, academia, research, and development, or business.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More