Nutritional Science aims at understanding the relationships between nutrition, health, and disease. The Nutritional Science program provides students with a solid understanding of the key role that healthy nutrition plays in the prevention, development, and treatment of most major diseases. The program also emphasizes the basic sciences and human nutrition for students planning further studies in health-related professions such as medicine, dentistry, nursing, or physical therapy.
- To provide knowledge, skills and professional values for a successful career in nutrition and potential entry into graduate education.
- To prepare graduates who demonstrate the commitment to community service, leadership, communication, research skills, knowledge as well as ethical values.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Explain the scientific basis of human nutrition, nutritional requirements, nutritional epidemiology, and research methods.
- Implement nutritional assessment, nutrient analysis of foods and dietary planning for individuals and groups.
- Describe the food chain and its impact on food choices and practices in social and behavioral contexts.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and values of professional conduct, according to good clinical practices.
- Formulate ideas and opinions concerning food and diet.
- Evaluate appropriate theories and methods (dietary, research, statistical) for health promotion, education, and nutrition-related investigations.
- Effectively perform and interpret statistical analyses for decision-making purposes in the field of nutrition.
- Demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a group.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written forms with diverse audiences.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More