Our multimedia design program provides an intensive background in design and offers specialized classes in digital media, motion graphics, animation, and film. We also offer a wide range of elective classes.
Our graduates are currently working in broadcasting, web and interactive design, filmmaking and animation. Some of them are even working as in-house production professionals in industries around the region.
Graduates from our program are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to work:
- in design companies as creative designers of logos, corporate identity, information graphics, interactive graphics and web design
- in creative departments of advertising companies as visualizer/multimedia designers of advertisements, corporate identity, promotions and time-based graphic presentations
- in in-house design departments of the government or the public sector as multimedia graphic designers, art directors, design coordinators, web designers, and publicity and promotion designers of company communications, information graphics, and corporate identity
- as freelance designers for individuals or organizations requiring specialist design solutions, and image and concept generation
- in broadcast-related industries as program developers, pre-production consultants, visualizers, production crew, assistant directors and post-production editors
Our graduates should also have a working knowledge of filmmaking, interactive graphics, web design, animation, image making, photography, and illustration. These are also potential areas of concentration for the degree program. Our students leave the program with a detailed portfolio of their work that demonstrates their particular skills and knowledge related to multimedia design.
Our program of study in the Department of Art and Design builds on strong traditions of visual experimentation and professional preparation and focuses on the complexities of the design process and strategic thinking.
Our majors in design management, multimedia design, and visual communication are built around a series of studios that help our students grasp the essential elements of design: text, color, image, motion, material, media and message.
Our emerging designers learn to create alternative responses to changing contexts. As producers of objects, communications, and environments, our students define, enhance and transform the world around them. While our courses provide our students with expertise in design, they also give our students a breadth of understanding of other disciplines. Our curriculum emphasizes experiential learning in the studio and encourages our students to work closely with faculty to become proficient conceptual thinkers and creative problem solvers.
Our students acquire a solid foundation in design and are well prepared for contemporary professional practice. Upon graduation, they can enter the workforce as design professionals and contribute to the future direction of regional design and visual culture.
We attract award-winning faculty members from diverse academic, cultural and geographic backgrounds. Our faculty members are active in the regional arts scene and their work is widely exhibited in the region and beyond.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 26, 2017