The Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET) at Texas A&M University-Central Texas prepares students for rewarding careers with an engineering focus. The program prepares graduates for practice in product improvement, manufacturing, engineering operation, sales, production, and implementation of mechanical systems.
The MET program prepares you to become a skilled engineering technologist who is socially and professionally responsible, equipped with the technical and general communication skills to liaise between engineers, technicians, and the business portions of engineering companies. The MET program engages more hands-on learning while requiring less math and science depth than a traditional engineering degree. This discipline focuses on the applied aspects of science and engineering.
Students attending this program will:
- Engage in applications-oriented design, manufacturing, and management of mechanical systems, including all technical and economic factors influencing these systems.
- Use appropriate theory, mathematics, and computational technology to analyze and solve applied engineering problem
- Learn how to communicate and function effectively as an individual and as a team member in a professional environment.
- Pursue lifelong learning and continuous improvement of their knowledge and skills in diverse industries with the highest professional and ethical standards
- Engineering Technologist
- Mechanical Designer
- Senior Process Analyst
- Engineer Technical Staff
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Designer
- Machinery Operation and Repair
- Technical Communication
About the School
Texas A&M University-Central Texas was established in 2009 as a member of The Texas A&M University System, one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation. A&M-Central Texas i ... Read More