The heart of the program consists of fundamental courses in the main areas of mathematics (numerical analysis, algebra, analysis), together with a variety of specialized, elective courses. It is complemented by supportive courses from other departments, in addition to the University general education requirements. Opportunities for internship and research are given, preparing students for the job market and for higher studies. With a pedagogy emphasizing students’ learning outcomes and encouraging the use of technology, students are aided in developing quantitative skills and an ability to think clearly and critically about complex problems, while communicating results with precision.
- To establish themselves as skilled professionals and experts in terms of teamwork, communication, and problem-solving, creativity, and profession-ethics.
- To continue their professional development by pursuing further degrees and developing life-long learning skills and abilities.
- To be engaged in and apply their expertise to vital societal issues such as sustainability, environmental protection, education, and leadership.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify, formulate and solve mathematical problems by applying knowledge of mathematics.
- Formulate or design a mathematical model, procedure or algorithm for real-life and interdisciplinary problems.
- Exploit data, use mathematical arguments in a clear well-organized and logical way and employ technology to assist in solving problems and to draw conclusions.
- Communicate mathematical ideas effectively through presentations and reports to a range of audiences.
- Search mathematical literature to understand ethics and professional responsibilities and the impact of mathematical solutions in different contexts.
- Work effectively on teams to accomplish common goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, and analyze risk and uncertainty.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More