The Materials Physics and Nanotechnology programme is designed for students who have an interest in and an aptitude for both technological sciences and physics. This is a unique bidirectional undergraduate study programme in English. The programme provides students with a fundamental knowledge of physics, an understanding of technologies, technological design, together with problem-solving skills, and is aimed to address the needs of students seeking innovative careers in today’s technological age.
– Is competent to apply, knows and understand the main physical and chemical phenomena, their concepts, fundamentals of engineering, electrotechnics and electronics, as well as theoretical mechanics, numerical methods, mathematical concepts and principles, understand problems of application of mathematical methods.
– Has learned the main modern methods of physical and chemical analysis applied in materials science and nanotechnologies.
– Is competent to apply modern micro and nanotechnologies and instruments, functional (optical, electrical, magnetic) materials used, micro and nanostructures, and their development, production, application and quality assessment / or biomaterials, their technologies, human’s physiological systems, biomedical and ultrasonic systems, devices and their development, production, application and quality assessment (respectively, according to the chosen speciality).
Is competent to apply technologies of modern engineering materials and their physical principles, micro and nanotechnologies, for search and development of new materials and structures following the established requirements, has work experience with technological and material analysis equipment.
– Is competent to critically assess information, results of his/her activities, professional innovations, participate in the discussion and improve his/her activities, present and transfer knowledge and understanding of studies and chosen activities to specialists and non-specialists.
– Able to combine theoretical and applied knowledge while solving technological problems, forecast, select or develop materials with optimal properties for various engineering purposes, select and adapt appropriate technological methods for modelling, the analysis in solving of engineering problems.
– Able to apply analytical, mathematical and other methods for modelling and forecast of material properties.
– Able to learn material analysis methods, select required technological and material analysis equipment, work with modern technological and material analysis equipment, analyse and interpret analysis results, apply standard research methods.
– Able to use information technologies and basic software, apply and use numerical computer methods for solving specific problems of materials science and nanotechnologies.
– Able to work in an interdisciplinary team, generate new ideas, can acquire a deeper understanding of provided arguments, able to organise professional activities, plan time and resources, knows project management and business aspects.
You may become
- Technology and production engineer
- Physical science and engineering specialist
- Chemical engineer
- Physicist and astronomer
- Specialist of chemistry and other physical sciences
- Developer of applications
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B1, or equivalent
|High school certificate|
Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
For more information of this programme, please visit their web page here.
About the School
Kaunas University of Technology - KTU - is one the largest technological universities in the Baltics. Known for its linkages with business, leadership in scientific research, flexible interdisciplinar ... Read More