*Our University’s Response to Covid-19*
Midway University plans to resume on-campus, face-to-face instruction, and residential operations for the 2020-21 academic year. We will begin classes on Monday, August 17, 2020, as originally scheduled.
We have already implemented extensive new policies and are making campus modifications to ensure safe distancing in our classrooms, residence halls, dining hall, workspaces, athletic facilities (including the new Hunter Field House), and other common areas.
Though the state of Kentucky currently has stable, low rates of infection, we are committed to helping our international students and are exceptionally offering an online, long-distance learning option. Contact us to learn more about the online option for the fall semester.
Want to get into the advertising world? Or maybe become a graphic designer or writer in a creative business? Consider Midway University’s Bachelor of Science in Marketing Communications.
The world is more connected than ever, making this an exciting time to pursue a career in marketing. Because of the wide array and availability of messaging tools, today’s marketers must be able to integrate and coordinate them to share their organization’s story.
A Marketing Communications degree from Midway University can provide you with practical experience coordinating and integrating diverse communication tools to create campaigns that reach and influence consumers.
Course work in this major includes Photoshop, principles of marketing, writing for marketing, advertising principles, graphic design, public relations and more.
All students complete the core course requirements and then choose one of two concentrations as a specialization in either writing or graphic design. Our graduates are prepared for careers in areas such as corporate communication, integrated marketing management, advertising, brand management, public relations, creative design management, promotions and speech writing.
- 16:1: Student-to-faculty ratio
- Affordability: 90% of students receive some form of financial assistance
- Support: Meet faculty face-to-face to get in-person assistance
A Peek Inside Our Program
You will earn your Marketing Communications degree by completing 120 credit hours.
- Common Application: We accept online applications on our website or through the Common Application.
- Complete the application: Apply Online or Download Application (PDF). A nonrefundable application fee of $30.00 is required before the application can be processed.
- Submit High School Transcript – Official transcripts should be mailed directly by the high school to the Office of Admissions or sent electronically by a secured third site (i.e. Parchment Exchange, National Student Clearinghouse).
- Official TOEFL/IELTS/SAT scores – Midway University will accept official score reports from the testing organizations. You can submit one of the scores as part of the Application Process.
Midway’s SAT code is 1467 and ACT is 1528
About the School
Midway University, located in Midway, Kentucky, is a private, non-profit liberal arts college, founded in 1847 by Dr. Lewis L. Pinkerton, as the first school in the United States to serve orphaned and ... Read More