The programme prepares you for the dynamic nature of today’s business life. In a world with an increasing international competition, there is a great need for managers who can develop existing businesses by seizing new business opportunities.
If you want to work in international and global business settings, International Management is the programme for you.
The International Management programme comprises basic courses in economics and business studies and specializes in business management and business renewal in an international context. The programme will give you a broad perspective on business and provide a good foundation for your future career.
The programme has gained EPAS EFMD accreditation.
During the fifth semester you choose between courses in different areas and, if you qualify, you have the opportunity to spend the semester abroad at one of J.I.B.S.' partner universities. J.I.B.S. collaborates with many universities around the globe and the exchange programme offers plenty of opportunities to tailor your education, improve language skills and develop a personal international network to boost your career. Most students in the programme take this opportunity and are very satisfied with their experiences abroad.
Dual Degree option
Students on the programme are eligible to apply for a dual degree exchange with K.E.D.G.E. Business Schoolexternal, France, and E.B.S. in Germany. The opportunity is reserved for a limited number of students that show excellent academic results and drive. Students taking part in the dual degree exchange programme study for an extra year, allowing them to receive a Bachelor of Science in Business and Economics with a major in Business Administration from J.I.B.S. and a Bachelor of Commerce degree from K.E.D.G.E.
During your studies, you establish direct connections with the business world through the Host Company Programme - a great hands-on way of learning through group projects in which students collaborate on assignments together with companies.
3 years, 180 credits. Bachelor of Science in Business and Economics with a major in Business Administration.
With a degree from the International Management programme at J.I.B.S. you have an excellent foundation for starting your own business or pursuing an international career as trainee, business developer, financial assistant, junior analyst, marketing coordinator, salesperson, product manager, brand manager, account manager/ key account manager/service manager, marketing assistant, export manager, or project leader.
With your degree, you can apply to both Swedish and international master programs. Please note that master programs may have different entry requirements.
With a degree from the International Management programme at J.I.B.S. you have an excellent foundation for starting your own business or pursuing an international career as business developer, financial assistant, junior analyst, marketing coordinator, salesperson, product manager, brand manager, account manager/key account manager/ service manager, marketing assistant, export manager, or project leader.
NB Preliminary list of courses
Year 1 Autumn
- Business and Academic Communication 1 7.5 credits
- Entrepreneurship and Business Planning 7.5 credits
- Microeconomic Principles and Mathematics for Economics 7.5 credits
- Basic Financial Accounting 7.5 credits
Year 1 Spring
- Management Accounting 7.5 credits
- Macroeconomic Principles 7.5 credits
- Marketing Management 7.5 credits
- Organization and Leadership 7.5 credits
Year 2 Autumn
- Strategy and Technology 7.5 credits
- Business Statistics 1 7.5 credits
- International Management 7.5 credits
- Business Statistics 2 7.5 credits
Year 2 Spring
- Corporate Finance 1 7.5 credits
- International Trade Theory 7.5 credits
- International Marketing 7.5 credits
- Research Methods: Design, Implementation and Analysis 7.5 credits
Year 3 Autumn
- Studying abroad/Elective courses/Internship 30 credits
Year 3 Spring
- Responsible Enterprise 7.5 credits
- International Macroeconomics and Finance 7.5 credits
- Bachelor Thesis in Business Administration 15 credits
- Credits: 180 credits ECTS
- Level: Bachelor's
- Rate of study: Full-time
- Place of study: Campus-based
- Language: English
- Start date: August 20, 2018
General entry requirements include high school diploma; with specific demand on mathematics, civic/social studies, and English proficiency. Read more about our English Requirements.
The number of places is limited and a selection is made based on high-school diploma GPA, and letter of motivation.
(Special Selection: We reserve a limited number of extra seats within this bachelor programme for applicants who are considered particularly suited to the education and J.I.B.S.’ profile.)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 6, 2017